• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Berkbridge Foundation - Questions Regarding Legitimacy
8 8

682 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:
7 hours ago, BanjerD said:

Berkbridge posted eight new books on eBay, all BIN.

It's almost 90 books now.

2 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

When I made my post, none of those books were listed on their eBay page (my post actually included a direct link to their account on eBay).  I checked their "items for sale" section as well as their "store" section.......twice.  

Earlier, BanjerD said they had posted eight new books for sale on eBay.....then a little later, Sweet Lou 14 said that it was almost 90 books at that time.  

When I saw their posts, I went to check, and there were no books listed for sale under their account.  Now they have nine books listed for sale.

Edited by Domo Arigato

1 hour ago, Domo Arigato said:

When I made my post, none of those books were listed on their eBay page (my post actually included a direct link to their account on eBay).  I checked their "items for sale" section as well as their "store" section.......twice.  

Earlier, BanjerD said they had posted eight new books for sale on eBay.....then a little later, Sweet Lou 14 said that it was almost 90 books at that time.  

When I saw their posts, I went to check, and there were no books listed for sale under their account.  Now they have nine books listed for sale.

Are you sure you didn't search their auctions? These wouldn't have shown up if you specifically clicked on auctions rather than "all listings" or BIN listings.

3 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

Are you sure you didn't search their auctions? These wouldn't have shown up if you specifically clicked on auctions rather than "all listings" or BIN listings.

I've been on eBay for 20 years and I'm absolutely positive.

I wen to this link to their account (which is where I always go to see their activity).  I then clicked on their "items for sale" link (and made sure that I was searching on "All Listings") and then I clicked on their "visit store" link (which won't even let you select "auctions" as an option).  There was nothing there.  I thought that was odd, so I went back and checked both sections again.  Nothing.

Sweet Lou 14 even mentioned that he saw almost 90 books listed when he checked.  When you posted, they had nine books listed.  Now they currently have eleven books listed.

3 hours ago, Domo Arigato said:

I wen to this link to their account (which is where I always go to see their activity).  I then clicked on their "items for sale" link (and made sure that I was searching on "All Listings") and then I clicked on their "visit store" link (which won't even let you select "auctions" as an option).  There was nothing there.  I thought that was odd, so I went back and checked both sections again.  Nothing.

Sweet Lou 14 even mentioned that he saw almost 90 books listed when he checked.  When you posted, they had nine books listed.  Now they currently have eleven books listed.

Really, really weird.  When I looked last night, there were 87 books listed in all.  Now the number is 13.  The 13 I see are definitely a subset of the 87.  Among the books no longer listed was a Silver Surfer 4 CGC 9.8 with an asking price of $22,500.  :whatthe:

A quick search of sold items seems to indicate that his last sale was on September 20.  So it's not like he suddenly sold 74 books within hours of listing them.

16 minutes ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Really, really weird.  When I looked last night, there were 87 books listed in all.  Now the number is 13.  The 13 I see are definitely a subset of the 87.  Among the books no longer listed was a Silver Surfer 4 CGC 9.8 with an asking price of $22,500.  :whatthe:

A quick search of sold items seems to indicate that his last sale was on September 20.  So it's not like he suddenly sold 74 books within hours of listing them.

Very odd. Because I could swear that about 48 hours ago, no books were listed at all!, let alone 87 listings! When I saw the 8 or so listed about 24 hours ago, I immediately thought, "OK. he didn't take it on the lam and he's coming back in about 7 to 10 days, just about right (Oct 10th) to be back in time to ship out sales so buyers don't get antsy nd hit the panic button.

Edited by James J Johnson

7 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

Very odd. Because I could swear that about 48 hours ago, no books were listed at all!, let alone 87 listings! When I saw the 8 or so listed about 24 hours ago, I immediately thought, "OK. he didn't take it on the lam and he's coming back in about 7 to 10 days, just about right (Oct 10th) to be back in time to ship out sales so buyers don't get antsy nd hit the panic button.

Ok....well I have no idea what's going on with their listings.  I just checked them and thought something weird was going on, so I kept hitting refresh.  These screenshots are all in chronological order starting from the top, and were all taken within less than a minute or two of each other.  Could this have something to do with their listing software or something. (shrug)

berkbridge2.thumb.jpg.0781acd883317c53cf53cc154c92923b.jpg

Edited by Domo Arigato

2 minutes ago, Domo Arigato said:

Ok....well I have no idea what's going on with their listings.  I just checked them and thought something weird was going on, so I kept hitting refresh.  These screenshots are all in chronological order starting from the top, and were all taken within less than a minute or two of each other.  Could this have something to do with their listing software or something. (shrug)

berkbridge2.thumb.jpg.0781acd883317c53cf53cc154c92923b.jpg

tumblr_nohfw774Or1tbxymno3_540.gif

15 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

87 listings, I see today. All with fairly ambitious pricing. I wonder just how far the uber-defect-friendly, paper-quality/color improving blue light tinting can go towards inducing purchases at these levels.

87 listings is the same number of listings that Sweet Lou 14 reported seeing yesterday.  I'm also seeing 87 listings when I first go into their "sales listing" page....and it appears that the Silver Surfer #4 cgc 9.8 copy he mentioned earlier is now showing up in their listings again at the $22,500 asking price.  When I keep hitting the "refresh" button on my browser, the number of listings changes each time, so I'm not sure what's causing that.

53 minutes ago, Domo Arigato said:

87 listings is the same number of listings that Sweet Lou 14 reported seeing yesterday.  I'm also seeing 87 listings when I first go into their "sales listing" page....and it appears that the Silver Surfer #4 cgc 9.8 copy he mentioned earlier is now showing up in their listings again at the $22,500 asking price.  When I keep hitting the "refresh" button on my browser, the number of listings changes each time, so I'm not sure what's causing that.

Maybe someone should contact them and let them kn.... oh right.... 

On 10/2/2019 at 2:29 AM, Domo Arigato said:

I had the same thing happen. Checked it multiple times in multiple ways...hm

7 hours ago, Mecha_Fantastic said:

Quoting myself so the full chain is here for those who don't want to have to search back. 

With this new batch: first there was shock, then fury. When you see the latest email by Berkbridge, I think you'll understand why. 

When we left off, it had been over a week with no communication, after being told I was being cut off. Days after posting the transcripts however, I received a surprise, a new email from Berkbridge. Here's the short exchange to date. As before, emails from me are in Italics. Emails from The Berkbridge Foundation are in Bold. No editing has been done, other than to remove my surname, which I've replaced with *Mecha Fantastic*. Once more, at no stage have they identified themselves. 

-------

October 2, 2019, 11:55 AM

Mr *Mecha Fantastic*, 

You are welcome to send us either an electronic message or a written request along with a cashier's check or money order in the amount of $6.00 payable to: Berkbridge Foundation and mailed to: 

Please specify which documents you would like to inspect, provide a name and address for mailing and allow up to 30 days for receipt of requested documents. Alternatively, you can contact the IRS for assistance in accessing the documents through the IRS web site. We may also have certain documents posted online once our web site is launched in the near future. 

Thank you 
--------

October 3, 2019, 9:42 PM

Okay, I'm going to attempt to itemise this so we are clear and there is no confusion: By raising the price to $6.00US, I am assuming that this increase would be to cover the postage to Australia, my original preferred destination. Is this indeed the case? If not, why the increase in price? 

And can we please drop the pretence that the documents are available on the IRS website. We both know that is not the case, and this continued insistence is counter-productive. I do appreciate that documentation may be made available easily in the future, that will certainly make it easier for everyone involved, and I look forward to that day. 

Yours Sincerely. 

--------

October 3, 2019, 9:47 PM

Please send your US address details and we'll mail the documents at our cost. Please just send us a copy of your ID or the ID of the recipient.

--------

October 4, 2019, 8:06 AM

Right, well, first of all, can you please explain why the cost had risen since last quoted less than two weeks ago? 

Secondly, and this is a huge issue, asking for copies of identification is a major violation in so many ways, I'm literally flabbergasted that you even had the gall to write that. No such thing shall be provided, as you well knew would be the response. I take this and the entire chain of emails as proof of hostility and pure refusal to cooperate in providing legally required documentation as first requested on September 10th, 2019, and continually delayed since then by stalling tactics on your behalf. 

We're done here. 

---------

I don't even know where to begin on a summary, but here goes: documents were first requested September 10th, stalling and delaying has taken place since then, from their side. Any and every question I have about their legitimacy has been answered in full by their sheer evasiveness and unwillingness to cooperate in legally required means of documentation. I see no legit reason for a legitimate charity to act this way. It's that simple.

My view is that I'm flabbergasted at the sheer gall of The Berkbridge Foundation, and their apparent belief they are above the law of the land and that they may twist the good works of charities for the probable personal gain of its founder, Robert S Jalali. The arrogance is something else, and I commend @Sweet Lou 14 and everyone else involved in bringing The Berkbridge Foundation to light. 

The next step is bringing them to the attention of the proper authorities. This is far from over. 

They really are showing their true colours. This email has been edited, as it contains words not appropriate for this forum, so I've had to censor them. You'll see what I mean. That's the only editing that has been done. It's a real piece of work. It's from Berkbridge Foundation, is the first one to be signed, finally, and as per format, is in Bold

--------

October 4, 2019, 11:29 AM

First of all, you smug piece of s**t, we don't owe you anything so be thankful that we've entertained your annoying messages so far. Perhaps, you should spent a little time reviewing your country's laws on Internet Trolling instead of bothering honest Americans trying to do some good in the World.

Second of all, we're not obligated to provide any information to you or your Forum cronies since we've been the subject of a harassment campaign (page 81 https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i990.pdf ). Since you're too stupid or incompetent to access our documents through the IRS web site, you may want to contact an attorney to decipher the rules in the aforementioned publication for you. 

Now kindly f**k off!

Michael Dawson

ps: Please cut and paste this message in your thread, it will only strengthen our legal case against you

--------

Edited by Mecha_Fantastic