• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Berkbridge Foundation - Questions Regarding Legitimacy
8 8

682 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Mecha_Fantastic said:

They really are showing their true colours. This email has been edited, as it contains words not appropriate for this forum, so I've had to censor them. You'll see what I mean. That's the only editing that has been done. It's a real piece of work. It's from Berkbridge Foundation, is the first one to be signed, finally, and as per format, is in Bold

--------

October 4, 2019, 11:29 AM

First of all, you smug piece of s**t, we don't owe you anything so be thankful that we've entertained your annoying messages so far. Perhaps, you should spent a little time reviewing your country's laws on Internet Trolling instead of bothering honest Americans trying to do some good in the World.

Second of all, we're not obligated to provide any information to you or your Forum cronies since we've been the subject of a harassment campaign (page 81 https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i990.pdf ). Since you're too stupid or incompetent to access our documents through the IRS web site, you may want to contact an attorney to decipher the rules in the aforementioned publication for you. 

Now kindly f**k off!

Michael Dawson

ps: Please cut and paste this message in your thread, it will only strengthen our legal case against you

--------

Classy.  Who's Michael Dawson?

BTW, 'Internet Trolling' was a link to this: https://www.findlaw.com.au/articles/4259/internet-trolls-can-be-prosecuted-under-australian.aspx

Edited by Mecha_Fantastic

Tax-Exempt Organization Subject to Harassment Campaign Under section 6104(d)(4), if the Office of Associate Chief Counsel (Tax Exempt and Government Entities) determines that the organization is being harassed, a tax-exempt organization isn't required to comply with any request for copies that it reasonably believes is part of a harassment campaign. Whether a group of requests is a harassment campaign depends on the relevant facts and circumstances such as: • A sudden increase in requests; • An extraordinary number of requests by form letters or similarly worded correspondence; • Hostile requests; • Evidence showing bad faith or deterrence of the organization's exempt purpose; • Prior provision of the requested documents to the purported harassing group; and • A demonstration that the organization routinely provides copies of its documents upon request. A tax-exempt organization can disregard any request for copies of all or part of any document beyond the first two received within any 30-day period or the first four received within any 1-year period from the same individual or the same address, whether or not the Office of Associate Chief Counsel (Tax Exempt and Government Entities) has Instructions for Form 990 -81- Page 82 of 102 Fileid: … tions/I990/2018/A/XML/Cycle08/source 13:10 - 10-Jan-2019 The type and rule above prints on all proofs including departmental reproduction proofs. MUST be removed before printing. determined that the organization is subject to a harassment campaign. A tax-exempt organization can apply for a determination that it is the subject of a harassment campaign and that compliance with requests that are part of the campaign would not be in the public interest by submitting a signed application to the Office of Associate Chief Counsel (Tax Exempt and Government Entities). See Rev. Proc. 2018-1, 2018-1 I.R.B. 1, or as updated annually. In addition, the organization can suspend compliance with any request it reasonably believes to be part of the harassment campaign until it receives a response to its application for a harassment campaign determination. However, if the Office of Associate Chief Counsel (Tax Exempt and Government Entities) determines that the organization did not have a reasonable basis for requesting a determination that it was subject to a harassment campaign or reasonable belief that a request was part of the campaign, the officer, director, trustee, employee, or other responsible individual of the organization remains liable for any penalties for not providing the copies in a timely fashion. See Regulations section 301.6104(d)-3

6 hours ago, Mecha_Fantastic said:

They really are showing their true colours. This email has been edited, as it contains words not appropriate for this forum, so I've had to censor them. You'll see what I mean. That's the only editing that has been done. It's a real piece of work. It's from Berkbridge Foundation, is the first one to be signed, finally, and as per format, is in Bold

--------

October 4, 2019, 11:29 AM

First of all, you smug piece of s**t, we don't owe you anything so be thankful that we've entertained your annoying messages so far. Perhaps, you should spent a little time reviewing your country's laws on Internet Trolling instead of bothering honest Americans trying to do some good in the World.

Second of all, we're not obligated to provide any information to you or your Forum cronies since we've been the subject of a harassment campaign (page 81 https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i990.pdf ). Since you're too stupid or incompetent to access our documents through the IRS web site, you may want to contact an attorney to decipher the rules in the aforementioned publication for you. 

Now kindly f**k off!

Michael Dawson

ps: Please cut and paste this message in your thread, it will only strengthen our legal case against you

--------

:facepalm:  I think Mark Zaid should look into this.  @esquirecomics  I will try to call him today.  

14 minutes ago, icefires said:

Tax-Exempt Organization Subject to Harassment Campaign Under section 6104(d)(4), if the Office of Associate Chief Counsel (Tax Exempt and Government Entities) determines that the organization is being harassed, a tax-exempt organization isn't required to comply with any request for copies that it reasonably believes is part of a harassment campaign. Whether a group of requests is a harassment campaign depends on the relevant facts and circumstances such as: • A sudden increase in requests; • An extraordinary number of requests by form letters or similarly worded correspondence; • Hostile requests; • Evidence showing bad faith or deterrence of the organization's exempt purpose; • Prior provision of the requested documents to the purported harassing group; and • A demonstration that the organization routinely provides copies of its documents upon request. A tax-exempt organization can disregard any request for copies of all or part of any document beyond the first two received within any 30-day period or the first four received within any 1-year period from the same individual or the same address, whether or not the Office of Associate Chief Counsel (Tax Exempt and Government Entities) has Instructions for Form 990 -81- Page 82 of 102 Fileid: … tions/I990/2018/A/XML/Cycle08/source 13:10 - 10-Jan-2019 The type and rule above prints on all proofs including departmental reproduction proofs. MUST be removed before printing. determined that the organization is subject to a harassment campaign. A tax-exempt organization can apply for a determination that it is the subject of a harassment campaign and that compliance with requests that are part of the campaign would not be in the public interest by submitting a signed application to the Office of Associate Chief Counsel (Tax Exempt and Government Entities). See Rev. Proc. 2018-1, 2018-1 I.R.B. 1, or as updated annually. In addition, the organization can suspend compliance with any request it reasonably believes to be part of the harassment campaign until it receives a response to its application for a harassment campaign determination. However, if the Office of Associate Chief Counsel (Tax Exempt and Government Entities) determines that the organization did not have a reasonable basis for requesting a determination that it was subject to a harassment campaign or reasonable belief that a request was part of the campaign, the officer, director, trustee, employee, or other responsible individual of the organization remains liable for any penalties for not providing the copies in a timely fashion. See Regulations section 301.6104(d)-3

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, comicdonna said:

:facepalm:  I think Mark Zaid should look into this.  @esquirecomics  I will try to call him today.  

Mark's very busy these days. :D

https://nypost.com/2019/10/03/whistleblowers-attorney-says--didnt-help-write-complaint/

Edited by Buzzetta

2 hours ago, icefires said:

However, if the Office of Associate Chief Counsel (Tax Exempt and Government Entities) determines that the organization did not have a reasonable basis for requesting a determination that it was subject to a harassment campaign or reasonable belief that a request was part of the campaign, the officer, director, trustee, employee, or other responsible individual of the organization remains liable for any penalties for not providing the copies in a timely fashion. See Regulations section 301.6104(d)-3

hm

Mr. Dawson may come to regret that reactionary response. There are 96 pages in that IRS reference - a lot of interesting reading. Not to mention some other interesting IRS documents. There are many resources in this community that can differentiate "harassment" from suspicion of illegal activities.

Lion.jpg.2fde92cacae7381a2a3404c9d0afb404.jpg

Edited by icefires

2 hours ago, Badger said:

Mark Zaid may be a little busy dealing with other matters right now. :whistle:

Bleeding Cool link

I don't understand. Mark is soliciting donations for the whistle blower's legal fund, but he's one of the lawyers who needs to be paid??

Maybe I'm misinterpreting the Tweet in the article, but seems gross.  (shrug)