• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM JiM 85

13 posts in this topic

Hey guys please help me grade my Journey into Mystery # 85. I love this book and it looks great in it’s mylar. But I’m not sure how to grade it based on its right edge. I believe that is “marvel chipping” but I don’t know how it affects grade. Thanks!

edit: book is complete and attached at both staples

DCF45720-D2D0-4C9E-996F-F5F0396F84AF.jpeg

8E77F645-99C7-4105-8518-1B05A433304E.jpeg

A15F0ECF-F3A6-426F-BB96-DF4444BEDA9E.jpeg

87F11AEC-BCEC-477B-B64B-96529F471122.jpeg

0924DCBF-C074-45D2-AC87-2B785F393330.jpeg

Edited by Amurdock

40 minutes ago, Amurdock said:

I was hoping for 4.0 at the lowest

It's incredibly tough grading your own books. That's why I think this forum is awesome. I think I tend to grade a bit lower here than most. But I send in books for consignment and 90% of the time they grade them lower than me. So I must be subconsciously grading mine higher than I do others. That's not to say that you are wrong and yours might be a 4.0 or better.

8 minutes ago, WPPJames said:

It's incredibly tough grading your own books. That's why I think this forum is awesome. I think I tend to grade a bit lower here than most. But I send in books for consignment and 90% of the time they grade them lower than me. So I must be subconsciously grading mine higher than I do others. That's not to say that you are wrong and yours might be a 4.0 or better.

Yeah I totally agree with you. I usually under-grade out of fear of over-grading. It’s very helpful to get other people’s opinions. I was hoping that it would be a 4.0 but that doesn’t mean it is. I’m not very experienced with the chipping on the side.  Thanks for your opinions!