• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official 2019 Green Eggs Grading Contest Prize Thread
10 10

1,093 posts in this topic

On 10/4/2019 at 7:01 PM, Ron C. said:

Actually, that is a great idea. The past few years, I have offered a prize to someone who has completed all 10 rounds, but did not win a prize. So if it OK with Andy and Shim, my Mystery box #3 will go to someone randomly selected by Andy's elves in the bottom half who completed all of the rounds. @thirdgreenham

Ron - didn't you give me a $25 gift card when i got last place in last years raffle.  That made the sting of being the biggest loser a little less and I thank you.

Edited by 1Cool

Not doing very well in the contest but having fun and always learning.  Sad if this is truly the last time.  Would like to contribute.

PRIZE A: Set of 4 New Different Deadpool 7/11 Slurpee Cups from Deadpool 2 AND New Venom Marvel Pure Hero Venom Spider-Man Dry-Fit T-Shirt (T-Shirt Size Choice of Adult Large, Medium, or Small).  T-Shirt runs on the larger size so if you normally wear XL, a large might fit okay.  Venom T-Shirt retails for $25.   US shipping only.

DSC_2743.JPG

venom image.jpg

venom image back.jpg

PRIZE B: Set of 4 New Different Deadpool 7/11 Slurpee Cups from Deadpool 2 AND Tenchu Fatal Shadows Adult Size XL T-Shirt with Headband. US shipping only.

DSC_2757.JPG

Tenchu.JPG

PRIZE C: New War of the Worlds (WOW) 100% Cotton Cap (Regular Adult Size Fit, One Size Fits All) and T-Shirt (small). T-Shirt runs very small and only child will fit it.  US shipping only.

DSC_2759.JPG

DSC_2760.JPG

PRIZE D: New HEAD Golf Cap Cool Max Classic Cut (ABA Invitational) and New Titlelist NXT Tour Golf Balls (set of 3).  US shipping only.

DSC_2761.JPG

DSC_2762.JPG

PRIZE E: New Golf Cap 100% Cotton by Legendary Regular Adult Fit (ABA Invitational) and New Titleist Velocity Golf Balls (set of 3).  US shipping only.

DSC_2765.JPG

Edited by spidermanbeyond

Finally took some pics, here's my contribution to the prize thread - a Whitman 3-pack, two Batman 3-packs (these are usually later 2nd/3rd/etc prints), and a handful of sexy/mature/GGA #1 (and one #2) comics for the age appropriate recipient.

One of the Batman 3-packs has a 1-2" hole in the shrinkwrap... but it keeps on shrinking so maybe it's time to free them?

Given my middle of the pack standing at the moment, take this with a grain of salt, but of the loose comics the Marilyn Monroe comic is probably the lowest grade of the bunch with the rest of those comics being super sharp.  CGC would probably call them 10s (based on some of the gift grades I've seen in the contest!), but they are probably a couple notches lower than that, again just IMHO.   Lots of great creators contributed to that Bikini Confidential #1 including Alan Moore, Adam Hughes, Mark Schultz, Alan Davis, John Bolton and others!

US shipping is covered, or $10 towards worldwide shipping.

IMG_20191007_203259.thumb.jpg.9e891352c4a3d47ecaefa2f457c794a2.jpg

IMG_20191007_203347.thumb.jpg.bddca2eab6581b622ccd8b4d448d3585.jpg

IMG_20191007_203529.thumb.jpg.272725f06360575277f81d49512c371c.jpg

4 hours ago, WPPJames said:

Maybe 9 or 10 months from now we can all get together and see if there is a way to make it continue. Probably at a much smaller scale. I don't think anyone could do as solid of a job as @thirdgreenham and @sckao

Everything is achievable, someone just needs to try. 2c 

24 minutes ago, thirdgreenham said:

Everything is achievable, someone just needs to try. 2c 

The minor obstacles to me doing Andy's part - too marvel centric, too few golden age books. 

Plus my opening three to five prizes (often Andy contributes even more!) wouldn't be as hefty as the very generous prizes donated by Andy.  His great prizes are generally among the top few choices on most lists, although sometimes he gets some competition - My Comics Shop once donated a great Bat Adventures 12, and Shin's or Azkaban's box (or is that his x-mas box?) are pretty sweet too.  Pardon me if I forgot someone.

The major obstacles: can't scan slabs. 

Couldn't do Shin's job unless he did all the work (i.e. I got his spreadsheets/workbook, and I have the right software to work on them).

Other: My name has no green or ham in it, let alone both.  And I think I'm busy that week.

8 hours ago, grebal said:

The minor obstacles to me doing Andy's part - too marvel centric, too few golden age books. 

Plus my opening three to five prizes (often Andy contributes even more!) wouldn't be as hefty as the very generous prizes donated by Andy.  His great prizes are generally among the top few choices on most lists, although sometimes he gets some competition - My Comics Shop once donated a great Bat Adventures 12, and Shin's or Azkaban's box (or is that his x-mas box?) are pretty sweet too.  Pardon me if I forgot someone.

The major obstacles: can't scan slabs. 

Couldn't do Shin's job unless he did all the work (i.e. I got his spreadsheets/workbook, and I have the right software to work on them).

Other: My name has no green or ham in it, let alone both.  And I think I'm busy that week.

LOL. Most of those obstacles could probably be overcome. Except the spreadsheet. No way I'd spend the effort to recreate that. But I bet that Shin would be willing to provide his template. Right :baiting:

Prizes? I bet we could get shops (especially on-line ones -- you mentioned MCS) to donate some cool stuff in exchange for a shout out. It would really be a form of cheap advertising for them. Most of my business involves marketing in some way. It's the one thing I'm semi competent at. I'd be cool with harassing (I mean, encouraging) them for donations. Especially when you contact XYZ and say, "Hey MCS has donated some cool prizes? Would you also like to contribute? We'd love to also mention your company in the prize thread that 100+ high $$$ comic buyers are participating in. If not, we understand, we'll just promote your competition MCS instead." Something to that effect.

I realize me bringing this up is way too soon. But I'm having so much fun I'm already thinking about a way to keep it going for next year.

We could also probably work around that one week you are busy (thumbsu

9 minutes ago, Zalgardos said:

My prize for this years contest. 

Set of all 4 German exclusive variant covers - each limited to 777 copies. worldwide shipping ( except china) is on me

Bild1.jpg

為什麼沒有中國?

52 minutes ago, Zalgardos said:

Because every package or postcard I have send to china in the last 2 years either went missing or was destroyed by the customs. 0% arrived at their destination.

Last year I bought of ton of plant seeds off Ebay from China because even with shipping they were dirt (no pun intended) cheap. Not a single one of them sprouted. All that wasted potting soil.

I almost fell for buying this from China. They were selling them as seeds to grow. Turns out it was a hoax. Actually an art project of some kind. Not truly "gourds". Apparently Ebay has no shame and will allow anything up for sale.

EBS.GIF

EDIT: Probably for the best anyway. I doubt our neighbors would have found them as titillating :devil: 

Edited by WPPJames

My Prize offer:

An  item that is totally priceless and is one of a kind.  I would say it was inspired by our own Flee-Marquette, but that is wrong.  It is totally his own design that that he was kind enough to give me his consent to have it built.

It is the one and only real life Funko of the Greggy9000.   Be the only kid on your block  in the world to own this treasured item.

greggy.jpg.50e8fcf70de459e2b9b74b30babca

Currently I only have the box, the Funko itself is still in production will arrive somewhere between mid to late October.  Please know there is no mini Strawberry Shortcake comic with this Funko.  You will have to provide that on your own.  :)

Shipping to US and Canada only.

IMG_20191005_001240520[1].jpg

2 minutes ago, Crops068 said:
17 hours ago, WPPJames said:

Did we ever get a rough estimate on current number of prize sets being offered? Not asking anyone to go back and count, but thought someone might have a general idea.

I estimate around the mid 80s at this point I think?

maxresdefault.jpg