• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official 2019 Green Eggs Grading Contest Prize Thread
10 10

1,093 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, WPPJames said:

Holy bezeegus! I just discovered that the Don Newcombe signed baseball I offered up as a prize is worth more than I realized. Makes me feel a lot better about the drek comics I also offered up as prizes.

Sorry Don, I greatly undervalued you.

give us the deets! lol jk, although, I would not have a clue how to look it up (thumbsu but It IS quality :) 

3 hours ago, Zalgardos said:

Because every package or postcard I have send to china in the last 2 years either went missing or was destroyed by the customs. 0% arrived at their destination.

Understood. (thumbsu

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

give us the deets! lol jk, although, I would not have a clue how to look it up (thumbsu but It IS quality :) 

This is pretty much the only thing I will never sell or give away. Although it has very limited $$$ value. "Slice of the Ice", only Dallas Stars Stanley Cup. Buffalo is still whining about that Brett Hull "no goal".

IMG_1627.JPG

32 minutes ago, WPPJames said:

This is pretty much the only thing I will never sell or give away. Although it has very limited $$$ value. "Slice of the Ice", only Dallas Stars Stanley Cup. Buffalo is still whining about that Brett Hull "no goal".

IMG_1627.JPG

I was there that night. Our kids were still young and my parents were at our house watching them. Needless to say, they were not expecting to be still awake at 2 am......

42 minutes ago, WPPJames said:

IMG_1627.JPG

According to the rules at the time, that was 100% no goal.  Shouldn't have been decided at that point. (shrug)

1 minute ago, comics4all said:

If you are disagreeing with Andy, your grades for this round  just became -5 's lol

In that case:

"This series is also remembered because of the controversial finish to game six, in which Stars forward Brett Hull scored the Cup-winning goal with his skate in the crease, which was against the rules at the time. The league allowed the goal to stand as it was ruled that Hull was turned into the crease while maintaining continuous possession."

10 minutes ago, comics4all said:

If you are disagreeing with Andy, your grades for this round  just became -5 's lol

In less than 24 hours I've been threatened with disqualification (thanks Kav) and now double -5's. I'm a nervous wreck :screwy:

2 hours ago, WPPJames said:

In less than 24 hours I've been threatened with disqualification (thanks Kav) and now double -5's. I'm a nervous wreck :screwy:

You just better watch yourself!  

44 minutes ago, kav said:
3 hours ago, WPPJames said:

You just better watch yourself!  

:boo:

3 hours ago, comics4all said:

As my paranoia grows, I will admit it was a bad call by the refs. BUT, I think the Stars still would have eventually won the Cup. How can you lose when you have Crazy Eddie as your goaltender.

Known as “Crazy Eddie” to many fans ... Twice, an intoxicated Belfour has been arrested for a series of different issues.
The first time, in 2000, he offered the arresting officers $100k, and then $1 billion dollars for his release without any charges.
They unsurprisingly declined.

Did anyone ever complete making the prize listing? Also, we are getting close to the end. If I remember correctly from previous years, you pick in the order that you placed, basically a draft process, is that going to be the same this year? Do we have a date and time this is all happening and how do we decide the order of picking in the event that people tied?

This may have all been discussed previously and I may have just missed it on another thread. If it has my apologies, just trying to figure out the details.

7 hours ago, comics4all said:

Please donate more prizes or I am getting a copy of Beauty & the beast 1 as my prize! :(

No my friend. I will be sending you both copies.

Actually, I'll be generous and send them to you irregardless of your finishing position. I may even throw in my Vampirella vs Hemorrhage comic as well.

EDIT: US shipping only.

Edited by WPPJames

2 hours ago, WPPJames said:

No my friend. I will be sending you both copies.

Actually, I'll be generous and send them to you irregardless of your finishing position. I may even throw in my Vampirella vs Hemorrhage comic as well.

EDIT: US shipping only.

You say "friend" but friends don't send friends Drek like that! lol

Don't make me send you this:

bloodwulf.jpe

US Shipping Only!

P.S. I don't actually own this krappy book! 

Edited by comics4all