• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official 2019 Green Eggs Grading Contest Prize Thread
10 10

1,093 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, thirdgreenham said:

lol I had a sales thread and called it "Canada, eh?". Canadian shipping only.  I received accolades from the Canadians, because US shipping only bugs the snot out of us. :insane: 

I caved on my shipping rules as soon as skypinkblu wanted to buy something from me. lol 

I remember that lol I loved it :cloud9:

It does seem like this thread is a little slow, so if you will forgive me I have two suggestions, 

Andy, maybe it's there and  I missed it but if you put a link to this thread in the post before you post the next books, more people might see it, since this thread is in a different forum, it might help. Once you post the pictures of the books, some people stop looking.

Also for those of you who are concerned about shipping, Amazon has this great thing called "gift cards" people can buy comic related stuff with them and there are no shipping costs.

11 hours ago, thirdgreenham said:

lol I had a sales thread and called it "Canada, eh?". Canadian shipping only.  I received accolades from the Canadians, because US shipping only bugs the snot out of us. :insane: 

I caved on my shipping rules as soon as skypinkblu wanted to buy something from me. lol 

and I made sure I found something so I could ask to buy it, lol;) :foryou:

3 minutes ago, sckao said:

There should really be a summary post of all prizes so far so we can see what we have... :baiting:

I will volunteer to go through and catalog the prizes and make a post of all of them.

That ok with @thirdgreenham and @sckao?

Edited by Crops068

1 hour ago, sckao said:

Sure. Go for it (thumbsu

Or put it together offline or in a separate window in the Testing Area(?) and then PM it to Andy so he can update the first post list.

Ok I will send it all over to @thirdgreenham when I am done.  Going through it now. :)

More suggestions of things you can do without paying shipping costs.

Cheap Graphic Novels has gift cards, eBay has gift cards.

https://www.cheapgraphicnovels.com/

It's Rosh Hashonnah today and I'm home   so I have time to nag ...err suggest Happy New Year everyone:)

Also, if you don't have anything in mind and need suggestions, affirmation, help...just PM me, I'm happy to help shoppers at any time;)

Maybe make a list of on-line comic stores that have gift cards and publish it here? That way people who want to contribute but don't have or want to do with their own books can still contribute comics in this way? If anyone thinks this a good idea, I'll volunteer to create the list. Although I'm sure I'll miss some places.

6 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

I have another prize, mailed anywhere there is postage.

$25.00 gift certificate to Ruby Tuesday, so you can take your significant other out to lunch after spending all this time away from them working on your guesses;) 

20190930_102152.thumb.jpg.f7e35a6ff950bc29285d0c8ae17b4253.jpg

Never heard of this place but the pic on the gift card is making my mouth water. Looks like the closest location is 1,300 miles away. Anyone who's been here know if the food is worth the drive? (shrug)

Edited by Black_Adam
Forgot to convert KM to miles...

4 minutes ago, Black_Adam said:

Never heard of this place but the pic on the gift card is making my mouth water. Looks like the closest location is 1,300 miles away. Anyone who's been here know if the food is worth the drive? (shrug)

You could arrive by Tuesday, but you'll have to move fast.

2 minutes ago, Black_Adam said:

We have one right across the street. Probably not worth a 1,300 mile drive. But they do have an adequate all you can eat salad bar. And I've heard a rumor they have happy hour drinks (thumbsu

I haven't been doing a lot of shipping internationally, so please let me know if any of this sounds wrong. So from the USA, First Class "flat" is cheaper but not ideal since it cannot be rigid. Otherwise, the choices seem to be:

First Class Package, up to 8 ounces for up to ~$15 max (depends on destination country)

First Class Package, from 9 ounces to 2 pounds for up to ~$25 max

First Class Package for 3 and 4 pounds looks to be $40 to $60 but there are Airmail M-Bags for media that start at around $50

Priority Mail Flat Rate envelopes (includes the nice Padded ones) are around $25-$30

Edited by All Be D'Oh!

1 minute ago, WPPJames said:

We have one right across the street. Probably not worth a 1,300 mile drive. But they do have an adequate all you can eat salad bar. And I've heard a rumor they have happy hour drinks (thumbsu

dont they serve mini hamburgers and stuff at happy hour so you can fill up and just buy like a soda water?  I used to do that at place here when i was in college.  I had all kinds of tricks back then like getting free lemonade at the student cafeteria by using the free lemon juice and sugar and also going to KFC 5 min before they close and ordering whatever they didnt have.  Rather than spending another 30 min dropping chicken and cleaning up they would be happy to give me all the chicken they had left plus some pies and mashed potatoes for my $3.

1 minute ago, kav said:

dont they serve mini hamburgers and stuff at happy hour so you can fill up and just buy like a soda water?  I used to do that at place here when i was in college.  I had all kinds of tricks back then like getting free lemonade at the student cafeteria by using the free lemon juice and sugar and also going to KFC 5 min before they close and ordering whatever they didnt have.  Rather than spending another 30 min dropping chicken and cleaning up they would be happy to give me all the chicken they had left plus some pies and mashed potatoes for my $3.

KFC has pie?