• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official 2019 Green Eggs Grading Contest Prize Thread
10 10

1,093 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, kav said:

dont they serve mini hamburgers and stuff at happy hour so you can fill up and just buy like a soda water?  I used to do that at place here when i was in college.  I had all kinds of tricks back then like getting free lemonade at the student cafeteria by using the free lemon juice and sugar and also going to KFC 5 min before they close and ordering whatever they didnt have.  Rather than spending another 30 min dropping chicken and cleaning up they would be happy to give me all the chicken they had left plus some pies and mashed potatoes for my $3.

I wonder how many restaurants you drove into bankruptcy. You cheap dirty :devil:

2 minutes ago, sckao said:

They'd double up the slices to get rid of them

When I was in high school and working at a fried chicken "restaurant" we would sometimes "accidentally" fry a little bit too much chicken towards the end of the day. Then staff would take some of it home with us after the place closed. Then management caught on and the fun was over. So your plan would not have worked there :grin:

1 minute ago, sckao said:

Totally off topic... but I used to do this in college. The local pizza place down the block right off campus would close around 11-midnight and my roommate and I would go down there five minutes before closing to get TWO slices for $1.50 with soda. (They'd double up the slices to get rid of them... And these were GIANT slices.) You do what you have to do as a starving college student...(shrug) :cloud9:

There was a fast-food taco place near the apartment I rented with roommates when I was in college. They sent out 2 for 1 coupons that were supposed to be "buy one - get one free" but the wording actually said when you used the coupon they would give you a free taco for EVERY taco you ordered (and no expiry date). We ordered 30 loaded soft-shell tacos and ended up taking 60 home to fill our fridge. You should have seen the look on the taco shop owner's face days later when we showed up with more coupons - turned out every one else in our apartment building had thrown the coupons away in the trash can by the mailboxes which was where we found them! Now I want a taco... :cloud9:

8 minutes ago, sckao said:

Totally off topic... but I used to do this in college. The local pizza place down the block right off campus would close around 11-midnight and my roommate and I would go down there five minutes before closing to get TWO slices for $1.50 with soda. (They'd double up the slices to get rid of them... And these were GIANT slices.) You do what you have to do as a starving college student...(shrug) :cloud9:

I haven't tried them yet, but there are now phone apps for these sorts of deals.

:preach: The college kids now get to carry mini-computers in their pockets and have more clever tricks then when I was in school.

1 minute ago, Black_Adam said:

There was a fast-food taco place near the apartment I rented with roommates when I was in college. They sent out 2 for 1 coupons that were supposed to be "buy one - get one free" but the wording actually said when you used the coupon they would give you a free taco for EVERY taco you ordered (and no expiry date). We ordered 30 loaded soft-shell tacos and ended up taking 60 home to fill our fridge. You should have seen the look on the taco shop owner's face days later when we showed up with more coupons - turned out every one else in our apartment building had thrown the coupons away in the trash can by the mailboxes which was where we found them! Now I want a taco... :cloud9:

another trick was sending letters to like candy companies or hostess or what not complaining about something and they would send free coupon for like full box of hostess or 3 pound bag of candy.  I also still currently if Round Table screws something up I call and get an oops pass for free pizza which as you know RT is pretty expensive (but good).

We also figured out how to trigger the candy machine at the college and would load up a bag with candy bars.

SORRY BUT WE WERE STARVING!

43 minutes ago, All Be D'Oh! said:

I haven't been doing a lot of shipping internationally, so please let me know if any of this sounds wrong. So from the USA, First Class "flat" is cheaper but not ideal since it cannot be rigid. Otherwise, the choices seem to be:

First Class Package, up to 8 ounces for up to ~$15 max (depends on destination country)

First Class Package, from 9 ounces to 2 pounds for up to ~$25 max

First Class Package for 3 and 4 pounds looks to be $40 to $60 but there are Airmail M-Bags for media that start at around $50

Priority Mail Flat Rate envelopes (includes the nice Padded ones) are around $25-$30

Someone gave me this link a few years ago. 

https://www.paypal.com/signin/?returnUri=https%3a//www.paypal.com/&state=%3fcmd%3d_ship-now

It's an easy way to get to Paypal multi order shipping and to print postage using that system.  So you can play around with it and see what the cost would be.

I don't see anything anywhere saying that Paypal will not let you use the system if you have an account. Unlike eBay, they don't seem to care. If I missed something about that, I'm sure someone will tell me.

Paypal has more options than USPS.com and it's generally cheaper.

As for price, it depends on what Country you are shipping to, and where you are shipping from. It used to be one price for anywhere in Canada, but that has changed.

I know about a year ago 1lb from NY was about $14 and you could ship up to  4lbs first class from NY and that 4lbs was just under $30, I believe it's gone up about 10%, but I'd need an address and all the codes to check.

1 hour ago, Black_Adam said:

Never heard of this place but the pic on the gift card is making my mouth water. Looks like the closest location is 1,300 miles away. Anyone who's been here know if the food is worth the drive? (shrug)

They are pretty much all over the US, there is one in Canada and if you are in Hong Kong, you are in luck, there are 3!

http://www.rubytuesday.com/franchise

34 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

They are pretty much all over the US, there is one in Canada and if you are in Hong Kong, you are in luck, there are 3!

http://www.rubytuesday.com/franchise

The only one here is in Niagara Falls which is basically Buffalo so it doesn't really count as Canada. I'll check out the one in North Dakota the next time I head down to Deadwood. :tink:

9 minutes ago, Black_Adam said:

The only one here is in Niagara Falls which is basically Buffalo so it doesn't really count as Canada. I'll check out the one in North Dakota the next time I head down to Deadwood. :tink:

Niagara Falls is pretty:) 

Sorry, I tried..., never occurred to me that there were no franchises in Canada. I'll just switch my offer up a little. 

If you live in Canada and are not within 50 miles of Niagara Falls or you live in another Country where this restaurant does not exist  and this is the only prize you want. I'll switch it to an Amazon Gift Card.

7 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

Niagara Falls is pretty:) 

Sorry, I tried..., never occurred to me that there were no franchises in Canada. I'll just switch my offer up a little. 

If you live in Canada and are not within 50 miles of Niagara Falls or you live in another Country where this restaurant does not exist  and this is the only prize you want. I'll switch it to an Amazon Gift Card.

Don't worry about me, based on results so far I won't be picking anything from this thread. :tonofbricks:

And the Ruby Tuesday gift card was a very generous, thoughtful donation. Well done. :foryou:

Edited by Black_Adam

8 minutes ago, Black_Adam said:

And the Ruby Tuesday gift card was a very generous, thoughtful donation

Absolutely! I probably should see if we still have a bunch of Panera Bread gift cards. That's all my Dad gives us for Christmas and birthdays. I don't know why. We hate Panera.