• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

“What’s the lowest you can go?”
1 1

116 posts in this topic

I can go down to 20 Hertz at best, which is really deep bass.

Below that, I’m not listening.

Edited by Ken Aldred

It's not really funny, but I usually say that I don't really need the money that bad (or at all) for me to just give stuff away.

I can almost guess which of the characters around here you're dealing with. :eyeroll:

6 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

True story:

Item is listed for $180: "How low can you go?"
"$130 is my bare minimum."
-Sends offer for $100.-

:facepalm:

I usually get a note that the buyer can pay immediately.  I don't need the cash that quickly.  Buy it at my price and pay in a couple days is fine with me.

2 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

I usually get a note that the buyer can pay immediately.  I don't need the cash that quickly.  Buy it at my price and pay in a couple days is fine with me.

That "buyer" put that same message in the offer. "Can pay immediately." Okay? I :censored:in' expect you to. lol

If I needed the money, the items would be listed on niche sites with a lower price.

I have sometimes been criticized for listing at high prices, but I always have Best Offer enabled, and I have sold items for far more than people claim are worth. I once listed a deck for $1,000, it was posted in the "eBay listings by people on crack" thread. Got offers for $250 with messages like, "I bought a couple at this price it's not worth what you're asking". It sold for $700.

If you don't ask, in this case for a price, you'll never know the answer (or how high someone is willing to pay).

When I know what it is selling for and so does the dealer yet it is priced > 30% above I may ask "what can you do on this." I think this is a fair question and most times I get an answer that gets it into the ballpark and I buy it. Sometimes I will just make an offer and every offer I made at Chicago this year was excepted. I think because they were fair. Looking at ebay prices is exhausting to me. When one buys a book say on CL and then immediately lists it on ebay for twice as much and sits forever just boggles my mind. It seems there better places to park your money in my opinion. 

I do understand asking more to cover ebay fees but some folks with extreme BIN and no offer just seems silly.

2 hours ago, lizards2 said:

It's not really funny, but I usually say that I don't really need the money that bad (or at all) for me to just give stuff away.

I can almost guess which of the characters around here you're dealing with. :eyeroll:

If, as a seller, you bend to a "better" (lower) price to a buyer then see that buyer turn around a sell it higher, I dunno, I'd get a little pissed

3 hours ago, KirbyJack said:

"Am I negotiating with myself here?"

This is ALWAYS the first thing I think when I get this question.  I generally respond with something a little more cheery.