• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

7th Annual Green Eggs Grading Contest: Between-Round Lounge!
4 4

160 posts in this topic

So at this point last year, I was tied for 86th place with 14 points. This year those tied for 85th are at 18 points, so the board seems to be getting better. I currently sit in 71st with 20 points, so...progress! Shout out to @BlowUpTheMoon who last year was tied with me and this year is sitting nicely in 40th place with 28 points. Well done! Way to be an example of true progress for those who might be struggling this year.

This is how complex we comic book connoisseur make grading. 

My son is 7-years-old and last year I taught him about finding flaws and grading books. He watched me participate in this year’s contest and he wanted to try. I pulled 10 of my books and had him assign a grade to each book (covered the grades). To simplify it, I gave him a grade scale of 1-10 (no half numbers and I didn’t explain 9.2, 9.4, 9.6, 9.8). Despite some books were not whole numbers, he still scored 5 Bullseyes!!!!!!!!

First number is his grade, second number is actual grade. He didn’t see the 1/2 inch spine split on the Hulk book so he gave it a 10. I took a video of him grading but it won’t let me upload it. 

39770025-03C4-4562-80F3-63295FCC2DEB.jpeg

21 minutes ago, KryptoMayor said:

My son is 7-years-old and last year I taught him about finding flaws and grading books. He watched me participate in this year’s contest and he wanted to try. I pulled 10 of my books and had him assign a grade to each book (covered the grades). To simplify it, I gave him a grade scale of 1-10 (no half numbers and I didn’t explain 9.2, 9.4, 9.6, 9.8). Despite some books were not whole numbers, he still scored 5 Bullseyes!!!!!!!!

First number is his grade, second number is actual grade. He didn’t see the 1/2 inch spine split on the Hulk book so he gave it a 10. I took a video of him grading but it won’t let me upload it. 

INCREDIBLE

23 minutes ago, KryptoMayor said:

Pls ask him what he thinks round 8 books are then PM me :whistle:

Edited by kav

On 10/6/2019 at 5:17 PM, KryptoMayor said:

This looks better than  @Hollywood1892 's penmanship & spelling ! lol

Edited by comics4all