• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Just Bought a NEW Comic Book
1 1

102 posts in this topic

Just now, Mecha_Fantastic said:

I agree, the correct way to celebrate 80 years of Marvel is with DC characters. 

dang.

5 minutes ago, kav said:

Better representation of '80 years' would have been Mary Marvel, black widow, sue storm, elektra, then maybe gwenpool or whoever that is.

Slip of the mind. Mary Marvel is obviously Fawcett ... now DC.

However, there aren't many more choices of female characters from those early years ...

1 minute ago, Scrooge said:

Slip of the mind. Mary Marvel is obviously Fawcett ... now DC.

However, there aren't many more choices of female characters from those early years ...

exactly.  thx for understanding.  ~sniff~

Just now, Scrooge said:

The only ones who come to mind are: Miss Fury (that was licensed) or Millie the Model but I wouldn't put her on the cover.

you could put patsy walker I guess since she later became hellcat.

To allow for more characters, the cover should’ve been wraparound or gatefold like the 90s Jim Lee X-Men 1, then there would be plenty of space for everyone’s favourites, new and old, and then we’d all be happy. 

Apparently there is a ‘Collage Variant’ cover, but it’s an absolute mess to look at.

2 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

To allow for more characters, the cover should’ve been wraparound or gatefold like the 90s Jim Lee X-Men 1, then there would be plenty of space for everyone’s favourites, new and old, and then we’d all be happy. 

Apparently there is a ‘Collage Variant’ cover, but it’s an absolute mess to look at.

The pinnacle of all Marvel's offerings in the last 80 years seems to be the new captain marvel, according to this layout.