• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

false note on a spiderman 23 ?

20 posts in this topic

Hello everyone
please be indulgent first, I'm french and this is the first time I come on the forum.
I bought on Ebay a spiderman 23 grade 8.
The slab looks perfect, but the comic has flaws and does not seem to be a grade 8.
I attach photos so that you can give me your opinion.
thank you

lower left corner.jpg

More photos please

2 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Yeah, without full pictures, if we assume the rest of the comic is NM then this could easily be an 8.0 CGC.

This exactly.

If you want to learn more about defects and grades it might help to get a copy of overstreet grading guide, but keep in mind CGC grading standards are not the same as overstreet but it will give you a idea of understanding grades and defects and what grades usually get what defects allowed.

Welcome to the Boards!

:tink:

Comic book realm has a Grade function where it walks you though the various points to determine grade. I've never went through all 38 steps, just the first five or so but it seems pretty intricate. Must register/login to use I think. 

https://comicbookrealm.com/example-based-grading

Not sure how this systems compares to CGC or any other grading service. 

Seems like a generous but not ridiculous grade

There can be some fluctuation between graders from time to time. It depends upon a number of factors (such as whether it was graded at their facility in Florida or at a different locale, such as onsite grading). From what I can see, the grade may be a little loose, but not crazy by any means...  :foryou:

Would need a clear photo/scan of the entire book, front and back, to make a more accurate assessment on the grade.  From the blurry photos you provided, the spine looks very nice except for the bottom area wear.  Overall, an 8.0 is not out of the question with those defects that are visible.