• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Original Owner Collections.....They are still out there!

63 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, pemart1966 said:

Did you get him to tell you his story about the books?  What his remembrances are of buying the books.  Where he bought them?  Why he bought these runs as opposed to others?  Why he stopped?  etc etc

Unfortunately I didn't. :frown:  I do know he got them all in Chicago.  He was a Marine, retired as a Captain.  He was an old salt that didn't do a lot of talking.  

10 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Why not? You wouldn’t pay full sticker?

He is looking the books up in his last overstreet (2003). For some reason his eyes go to the NM price column. I’m always optimistic, but might take a while to complete the deal. 

2 hours ago, Wipple said:

golden 10.jpg

Super cool, early books, especially The Funnies, but doesn't the price tag imply be bought them at least secondhand? It's a great collection that hasn't been to market in years, but is it an original owner collection??  

I got the impression that the OP scored his books from the gentleman who bought them off the newsstand! 

Either way, the stuff is still out there it appears. Good luck!  (thumbsu