• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Am I crazy or is there a service where you can undo a color touch up?

4 posts in this topic

Yes, but below is the text from CCS' resto removal services https://www.cgccomics.com/ccs-pressing/

Oftentimes a comic book exhibits minor, unnecessary restoration, and its presence has a detrimental effect on the comic’s value. But if the restoration is reversible, or is small enough to remove, the CCS removal service is very beneficial. The goal of removal is for the book to receive an unrestored grade from CGC.

What restoration is deemed removable depends on a few factors; whether the restoration is slight in nature, if it was professionally applied, if the materials used can be removed without damaging the comic, and what effect the removal will have on the grade of the comic.

11 hours ago, OutOfTimeToys said:

I know I saw it somewhere.  Any help is appreciated.

yes but it would be done case by case as there are a few factors to consider when trying to remove such as how extensive the CT is, if there was bleed through if it was amateur or professionally done, etc.. I would contact CCS or anyone you prefer from a google search maybe.