• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bought a collection. Do i sell Spawn 1-100 or wait for the movie?

44 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

Nice find.  Should be able to make some decent coin turning these over.  Is the NM 98 high grade?

I'm a horrible grader, so I'll be posting scans on the spare a grade forum this weekend. It's in great shape but there are a couple small spine ticks. My guess is 8.5?  I'm not sure if it would be worth slabbing. We'll see what the forum says, I was in second to last place last year (if I'm remembering correctly) in the green eggs grading contest. 

11 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Nice looking lot Shawn. Keep your eyes open for Canadian Price Variants. There might be a few in there and they can carry a premium. 

I see a newsstand copy of Spawn 3.

If there’s high grade newsstand Spawn books, I’d consider selling them individually rather than just sell the whole run .

Or if you do sell the run in it’s entirety, be sure to make note of the newsstand issues included.

Edited by THE_BEYONDER

29 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

minion-gifs-2_zps3fb40a25.gif&key=de1e30  best Photo-Bucket pic too ;) 

I'm not sure what you and Park are talking about TBH. Suggesting I'm posting a poor quality photo with the caveat that I'm a horrible grader to try and dupe somebody into paying for a low grade comic? Or am I reading into things? lol. If I decide to sell any of these they will be posted with high res scans. 

1 hour ago, Shawnismaximus said:

I bought a collection yesterday, and in the collection was Spawn 1-100. My first thought was to sell the Spawn run to recoup most of the cost of the collection as I'm not a big Spawn fan but then I remembered there's talks of a new Spawn movie in the works. Would it be foolish to sell now? When would be the time to sell? When the first trailer drops? When the movie hits theatres? Any advice is appreciated.

p.s. There was some great stuff in the collection. Secret Wars 1-12, Infinity Gauntlet and Infinity War, New Mutants 98!, Wolverine 1-4, G.I.Joe 1-100. TMNT 1-62 (most of the first ten issues are reprints), a longbox of 90s batman, a longbox of 90s Uncanny x-men (no 266) and x-men. The rest (a long box and a half or so?) is stuff like X-Factor, X-man, X-Force, WILDCATS ect. that nobody seems to want. But it was a good deal for $460 CAD I think. 

comics-sept-2019.thumb.jpg.cfe1319761b16eb2eb3218edc1ea3394.jpg

Congrats! How did you hear about the collection?

2 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

Congrats! How did you hear about the collection?

I post ads to facebook buy and sell groups every once in a while saying I buy and sell collections. Most people who message me want $10 a comic for 90's drek because they're "Brand new never taken out of the plastic" but every once in a while you get a good lead. I thought this was going to be a waste of my time to be honest because it was all 90's stuff, and he didn't mention any of the key issues beforehand. But I figured I'd likely come away with a longbox of Batman comics or something. The guy was a run collector in the 90's, but his wife wants him to whittle down his collection and this is the stuff he has no interest in re-reading. Surprisingly he kept a lot of indie stuff, as that's what interests him most these days. 

28 minutes ago, Shawnismaximus said:
1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I'm not sure what you and Park are talking about TBH. Suggesting I'm posting a poor quality photo with the caveat that I'm a horrible grader to try and dupe somebody into paying for a low grade comic? Or am I reading into things? lol. If I decide to sell any of these they will be posted with high res scans. 

nooo nooo noo, this pic is in his signature line when he posts, you might not have those turned on to see. I posted it to him to let him know that "photo-bucket is up to its usual shenanigans" edit and photo-bucket is blurring the pic, instead of clear as it is supposed to be...

That is all, no reflection on you.... (thumbsu I guess that gives me a fail for not being clear, I forget not everyone has "siglines turned on"

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

9 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
37 minutes ago, Shawnismaximus said:
1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

nooo nooo noo, this pic is in his signature line when he posts, you might not have those turned on to see. I posted it to him to let him know that "photo-bucket is up to its usual shenanigans" edit and photo-bucket is blurring the pic, instead of clear as it is supposed to be...

That is all, no reflection on you.... (thumbsu I guess that gives me a fail for not being clear, I forget not everyone has "siglines turned on"

Anyway :sorry: sorry @Shawnismaximus someone said the other day that Photo-bucket as a hosting site was causing the blurry pics to encourage a payment of sorts to the site...

I had said that I'd seen the blurry pics in signature lines, and that I'd let people know ...... Misunderstanding trying to be funny :wishluck: since it is in @Park sigline, I was pointing it out :ohnoez: 

12 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Well wouldja look at that! It's a whole new world in here with signatures turned on! 

3 minutes ago, Shawnismaximus said:

Well wouldja look at that! It's a whole new world in here with signatures turned on! 

I turn them on, on my desktop, but leave them off on my phone, it slows it a bit and the load time etc.....

But It's fun! :foryou: 

18 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Anyway :sorry: sorry @Shawnismaximus someone said the other day that Photo-bucket as a hosting site was causing the blurry pics to encourage a payment of sorts to the site...

I had said that I'd seen the blurry pics in signature lines, and that I'd let people know ...... Misunderstanding trying to be funny :wishluck: since it is in @Park sigline, I was pointing it out :ohnoez: 

I forgot what I even had in there as I have had signatures turned off forever. 

And to be clear, I was insinuating that Shawnismaximus kicks baby seals and punches the elderly straight in the mouth for looking at him sideways. He also smells of cinnamon and regret.

I thought that was obvious.

:whee:

2 hours ago, Shawnismaximus said:

I bought a collection yesterday, and in the collection was Spawn 1-100. My first thought was to sell the Spawn run to recoup most of the cost of the collection as I'm not a big Spawn fan but then I remembered there's talks of a new Spawn movie in the works. Would it be foolish to sell now? When would be the time to sell? When the first trailer drops? When the movie hits theatres? Any advice is appreciated.

p.s. There was some great stuff in the collection. Secret Wars 1-12, Infinity Gauntlet and Infinity War, New Mutants 98!, Wolverine 1-4, G.I.Joe 1-100. TMNT 1-62 (most of the first ten issues are reprints), a longbox of 90s batman, a longbox of 90s Uncanny x-men (no 266) and x-men. The rest (a long box and a half or so?) is stuff like X-Factor, X-man, X-Force, WILDCATS ect. that nobody seems to want. But it was a good deal for $460 CAD I think. 

You could make your money back on two books I see

2 hours ago, Shawnismaximus said:

I'd sell now and enjoy some extra cash.  I don't see any in  there that would be in the hold for later column except maybe Secret Wars 1 which may have some room to grow depending if a good movie comes around.  And don't discount books like those 90s X-Mens since there seems to be a market for them in batches.  Nice pick up.