• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Could this NM98 possibly bump to a 9.9 with a press?
1 1

25 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, manofsteel said:

I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you mean... FC, is that front corner, and do you mean bottom left (5th pic is bottom left corner)

thanks for the help. 

Yes FC is front cover. BC is Back Cover 

15 hours ago, Naphtha said:

Out of curiosity, do books that grade at 9.9 or 10 get encapsulated the same as any other grade? If the tiniest dent ruins >90% of the books value I would think the holder would need to be perfectly fitted.

Yep, the graders often put a note on a 9.9 or 10.0 to make sure the slab room takes extra care when they encapsulate the book. If memory serves, they also like to look it over even after it's slabbed to make sure it meets their standards...

Just now, The Lions Den said:

Yep, the graders often put a note on a 9.9 or 10.0 to make sure the slab room takes extra care when they encapsulate the book. If memory serves, they also like to look it over even after it's slabbed to make sure it meets their standards...

Thank you! This makes sense. Now I know how to avoid quality issues...only submit 9.9+.

Newton rings, hairs, random pieces of plastic...a thing of the past.