• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Picked up 500+ comicbook lot a few years ago

10 posts in this topic

So I picked up a 500+ comicbook lot which has various comicbooks from the 70's, 80's, and 90's. A lot of X-men and the X-men spin-offs (rogue, gambit, xsf, etc.).  Can anyone recommend a effective way to unload them? Listing them one by one on ebay w/ scans seems a bit excessive. They are all in NM, bagged and boarded. Looking for some suggestions here.  Thank you.

3 minutes ago, comicquant said:

I can't comment on selling a raw collection to MCS, but I will say that I've been impressed with their operation regarding listing slabs for consignment.  Last month I delivered about 90 slabbed books  to MCS in an effort to streamline my collection in preps for a grail hunt.  I listed 20% of the books on the exchange and the remainder spread between their weekly/prime auctions.  My experience has been very positive, and their user interface regarding GPA info/prior sales history if listing on the exchange is helpful.  The turnaround time concerning payment is much quicker than the 30-45 days I've seen from some of the other online auction sites, as they cut checks on a weekly rolling basis.  All in all, I'd have no reservation using them in the future.  I know that my experience doesn't speak exactly to the stated issue, but it does give a viewpoint to their operation.  Good luck!