• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question for AFA loose toy collectors

4 posts in this topic

I have started collecting some AFA graded Star Wars figures and I noticed a few of them are slightly loose and jostle around in their case.

Is this normal or should they be solidly placed with no movement?

Just curious if I should consider a recasing for the figures I have that show some slight movement.

On 9/14/2019 at 12:46 PM, NamesJay said:

I have started collecting some AFA graded Star Wars figures and I noticed a few of them are slightly loose and jostle around in their case.

Is this normal or should they be solidly placed with no movement?

Just curious if I should consider a recasing for the figures I have that show some slight movement.

It depends on how long ago they were graded. The older ones had very little support and so were able to move around quite a bit. Most of the newer ones (last 3-4 years) are held more firmly in place, but not all will necessarily be completely free of movement. If they're just "slightly" loose, that may be the best that can be done with them, but if they're turning around, it would be a good idea to get them recased.