Question for AFA loose toy collectors
1 1

4 posts in this topic

3,615 posts

I have started collecting some AFA graded Star Wars figures and I noticed a few of them are slightly loose and jostle around in their case.

Is this normal or should they be solidly placed with no movement?

Just curious if I should consider a recasing for the figures I have that show some slight movement.

2,008 posts
On 9/14/2019 at 12:46 PM, NamesJay said:

I have started collecting some AFA graded Star Wars figures and I noticed a few of them are slightly loose and jostle around in their case.

Is this normal or should they be solidly placed with no movement?

Just curious if I should consider a recasing for the figures I have that show some slight movement.

It depends on how long ago they were graded. The older ones had very little support and so were able to move around quite a bit. Most of the newer ones (last 3-4 years) are held more firmly in place, but not all will necessarily be completely free of movement. If they're just "slightly" loose, that may be the best that can be done with them, but if they're turning around, it would be a good idea to get them recased.

51,295 posts

13,092 posts

@Martin Sinescu is correct, it does depend on when they were graded. The newer cases are less prone to shifting. If you are looking for any particular loose figures, let me know (PM me). I have quite a few multiples that I'd consider selling.