• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How will this be viewed , color touch or just ink on the cover ?

7 posts in this topic

This book has all of the normal flaws of an older book. There are no color touches or places that look like they have been altered in any way. However , there is a small spot of what looks like ink or something that has got on the cover at one point in time. It also bleed through the cover. Is this something that I need to ask CGC to possibly remove to keep a blue label or is will this be looked at as something that just got on the cover and they will grade it as such ? Thanks 

E856DBAA-FC72-46B3-A73E-76B6A20239B5.png

42C1A5FE-69DB-41A6-AED4-FD2A084D1C61.jpeg

9F7D2131-E528-49FF-BA69-D499AD46A58B.jpeg

Edited by Lamborghinikid

If they tried to cover something up, they chose the wrong color.   I agree that it shouldn't keep you from getting a blue label.  That's just my opinion and hopefully will chime also.

I assume you won the book.  If it does happen to be regarded as CT, the seller is good at least in everything I have won from him and he does state "no restoration" so I would think you could return it but he shouldn't pay for any grading fees so you need to be comfortable with whether you keep it or send it back.  Eerie #1 is a cool book for sure.  

Yes, I did win the book. I am very happy with the book but you never know what or how a 3rd party grader views something. It looks like whatever that dot is , is an accident and not there to cover anything up but I just wanted a few opinions before I sent it in. If everyone here thought it might cause a concern I would have had CGC possibly remove it ,but I would prefer to leave it alone if it won’t effect the label. Thank you both for your response. 

3 hours ago, Lamborghinikid said:

Yes, I did win the book. I am very happy with the book but you never know what or how a 3rd party grader views something. It looks like whatever that dot is , is an accident and not there to cover anything up but I just wanted a few opinions before I sent it in. If everyone here thought it might cause a concern I would have had CGC possibly remove it ,but I would prefer to leave it alone if it won’t effect the label. Thank you both for your response. 

This appears to be a random ink spot and not an attempt at color touch. It shouldn't affect the grade much, either... (thumbsu

1 hour ago, The Lions Den said:

This appears to be a random ink spot and not an attempt at color touch. It shouldn't affect the grade much, either... (thumbsu

That would be awesome ! I’m hoping to get somewhere around a 4.0 but the grade isn’t as important as getting a blue label. I’m sending it in tomorrow. I will give and update as soon as I get it back. Thanks again everyone.