• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stan Lee’s daughter says Marvel is disrespecting his memory!
1 1

71 posts in this topic

Stan Lee’s daughter slams Marvel, Disney: ‘They’ve shown him no respect or decency’

https://www.hindustantimes.com/hollywood/stan-lee-s-daughter-slams-marvel-disney-they-ve-shown-him-no-respect-or-decency/story-e2dveqJE6MCHjhmzFVnPhN.html

I am shocked to read this. Is she right?

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost

Movie exec #1: "Making a spiderman movie at this time is not a sound business decision"
Movie exec #2: "Well will it respect the legacy of stan lee?"
Movie exec #1: "Yeah I guess-"
Movie exec #2: "Green light that ****!!!"

I think Marvel is doing a pretty good job honoring his legacy.  Over the weekend I caught up with ASM and smiled to see a Stan's soapbox republished in the issues. 

“Whether it’s Sony or someone else’s, the continued evolution of Stan’s characters and his legacy deserves multiple points of view.”

The films have had directors that have made the material tonally different, for example, compare Winter Soldier with Thor: Ragnarok or Guardians of the Galaxy.  Also, they've done well in modifying complex, meandering stories, such as the Thanos Saga, into a final product, Infinity War / Endgame, that's coherent despite complexity, more attractive to the general public, and basically to anyone lacking decades of comic book reading experience and familiarity.

I don't see this decade's progression, or evolution, as being particularly disrespectful at all.