• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stan Lee’s daughter says Marvel is disrespecting his memory!
1 1

71 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Xenosmilus said:

Did Stan Lee show respect to Jack Kirby or Steve Ditko?  I like Stan but I think he was a credit hog....  She needs to get over it if it's true.

Stan Lee gave lots of respect to Kirby & Ditko, even going so far as to write an open letter crediting Ditko with co-creating Spidey.

This is sad to see... or read about.. Can Stan Lee not rest in peace! I think Disney and Marvel have been respecting her father...I don't see how they haven't been..

I think we can all agree that money is good, and it brings out the best in people, without fail.

Strange how she’s having a go at Disney / Marvel Studios being disrespectful to her father’s work, but she’s turning a blind eye to the mess that Fox has made with two of Lee’s most important creations, The X-Men and The Fantastic Four.  

There have been both great and terrible X-Men films, but one steaming pile after another featuring Marvel’s First Family.  

You’d think that the persistent chain of desperate, phoned-in copyright grabs by Fox would be more offensive to her.

I think JC's conduct at that final show in 2018 that Stan was dragged to by slimeball Keya Morgan says it all.  The man was clearly in no shape to be there, yet she was off selling a bunch of tchotchke at her own booth rather than trying to look out for her father's best interests.  And then when she allegedly tried to get near Stan, a kerfuffle supposedly ensued and she left the show on advice of counsel.  Really lady?

(read more -- http://www.filmbuffonline.com/FBOLNewsreel/wordpress/2018/04/12/we-need-to-stop-stan-lees-comic-con-appearances/)

She's only pushing this narrative because she has both hands out.

2 hours ago, mattn792 said:

I think JC's conduct at that final show in 2018 that Stan was dragged to by slimeball Keya Morgan says it all.  The man was clearly in no shape to be there, yet she was off selling a bunch of tchotchke at her own booth rather than trying to look out for her father's best interests.  And then when she allegedly tried to get near Stan, a kerfuffle supposedly ensued and she left the show on advice of counsel.  Really lady?

(read more -- http://www.filmbuffonline.com/FBOLNewsreel/wordpress/2018/04/12/we-need-to-stop-stan-lees-comic-con-appearances/)

She's only pushing this narrative because she has both hands out.

Wow, I just read that article.  If even 10% is true . . . What scum his daughter is!

Am I wrong, or was Stan Lee paid $1m per year for a long time?  I think he was valued at $50M net worth in 2017.  So he has one daughter (one died many years ago), and so here's the following calculations:

$5M stolen by bad agents allegedly (I have no idea how much the real number is, or if its true, this seems conservatively high).

$5M tax free to daughter, (US inheritance tax ONLY applies to the amounts OVER $5M you give to any one individual, and there are trusts to help work around as well)

$10M donated to charity. (guess)

$10M (at most) to other random friends and relatives in terms of real property and maybe some cash.

Conservatively $20M left to give to daughter, about $10M after taxes.  So at minimum daughter likely daughter has at least $5M, probably closer to $15M, plus its almost certainly likely she owned her house outright before Stan's passing. 

She could write a book, get a producer credit on a movie about Stan Lee, and call it a day.  Just buy some property and live on rent collected.  She's nearly 70.  If bored just do conventions and collect the Stan Lee love.  If you can't make it on $5M (probably closer to $15M+) at age 70, I don't know what any of us are really doing here. 

I suspect what this is all about is Marvel rejecting JC's bush league creations (or co-creations with her father Stan, if you believe her claims) and cutting off a possible career path. In another article:

J.C. revealed during the Tuesday, November 13 episode of TMZ Live that she had spent her "entire life" trying to convince her father to partner up with her to bring into existence a new vigilante. For years, her attempts were fruitless, and so J.C. independently developed a concept for a hero named Dirt Man. Eventually, Lee agreed to pool his creative resources with his daughter's, and the pair put their heads together to iron out the details for Dirt Man — a character who apparently isn't like any other crime-fighter in the Marvel Comics world.

"We have been working on a character called Dirt Man. The last little angel we've got tucked away is called Dirt Man. I said, 'Daddy please, no clatter, no steel, no any of that. Let's get down and dirty. Let's do what's going on about love. Let's do Dirt Man,'" stated J.C., who affirmed that she plans to complete Dirt Man's characterization in her father's absence. 

Read More: https://www.looper.com/138045/the-final-superhero-stan-lee-co-created-before-his-death-dirt-man/

Every successful creator seems to have hangers on that want to 'collaborate' (sponge of their fame) and make a name for themselves.  Hell Me and my dad did a self published humor comic every month that was maybe read by about 5 people.  Not even 'successful creators', and one of my friends was always telling people 'they get all their ideas from me'.  This inspired us to put him in the next issue:

1 - 2019-09-16T172825.608.jpg