• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Going rates on being a noob on the boards
2 2

221 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Hollywood1892 said:

People who make quality posts generally don't get suspended for them.

Most of my suspensions are because of interaction with you.

Well, for one, I said that ninety-five percent of my posts are subject-relative. I've like to remind you of my advice regarding "reading before posting".

For two, people get triggered and report posts that would be seemingly acceptable. That's beyond our collective control. A quality post can be removed/reported for any reason. That's why reviews are an option.

Thirdly, I will be moving on from this pointless conversation to seek meaningful, comic-related discussions (the entire reason for me being here). Have fun fuming (if that's how you choose to react).

On 9/18/2019 at 8:11 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I've like to remind you of my advice regarding "reading before posting".

I'd* 

Please do not correct my grammar if your going to make the same mistakes.

I explained why I posted this thread.

I obviously got mixed reviews.

People perceived that I had posted it because I somehow required or desired affirmation or criticism, that wasn't the case. I was simply asking for definition of a noob and how long a person would be considered a noob for.

I actually get along with alot of people on the boards. I even make a concerted effort to get along with you.

Edited by Hollywood1892

5 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

I see two candidates in this thread for your behind the scenes private counseling.

You should have read my response the last time you mentioned that where I said that I probably should have kept my mouth shut.  However if I was going to continue doing that, then for instance, when someone has complained about your passive aggressive snark.  I try to tell them that you are just busting balls, but perhaps they might be right. 

Works both ways Casey... you know the phrase... check yo'self...

1 minute ago, Buzzetta said:

You should have read my response the last time you mentioned that where I said that I probably should have kept my mouth shut.  However if I was going to continue doing that, then for instance, when someone has complained about your passive aggressive snark.  I try to tell them that you are just busting balls, but perhaps they might be right. 

You wouldn't have an earnest discussion with me, anyways. You put me on ignore before ever having a conversation with me.

3 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Oh, I'm pretty positive they are right about me ;)

I don't use passive aggressive snark on people I like.

I'm glad you never tried that bull jive with me because I would've told you exactly where to put it my friend lol

8 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

I don't mind behind the scenes private counseling, but I'm a little sensitive when it is overt criticism.

Why? That's one of the best tools for learning.

It's the people who lack any self awareness ( not saying you per se ) that cause the most drama.

4 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

You wouldn't have an earnest discussion with me, anyways. You put me on ignore before ever having a conversation with me.

He's a Phish fan, that should tell you all you need to know.

I have never met a person I like who's a fan of that 'band" :sick:

Just now, Logan510 said:

He's a Phish fan, that should tell you all you need to know.

I have never met a person I like who's a fan of that 'band" :sick:

lol

It's both confusing and disappointing to me (both ignoring me and being a Phish fan). It's immature IMO to ignore me on someone else's behalf. One would think Buzz and I would get along well.

Whatever. He's free to do as he pleases. He's the one (occasionally) missing out on all these great posts...

13 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

He put you on ignore like a majority of other long time members because you are incapable of relenting your opinion even when people show you blatant facts that you are wrong...but I digress you have aged well over time. As a matter of fact regardless if you care or not, you are quite endearing at times and...cough...cough intelligent.

Edited by Hollywood1892

3 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

He put you on ignore like a majority of other long time members because you are incapable of relenting your opinion even when people show you blatant facts that you are wrong...but I digress you have aged well over time. As a matter of fact regardless if you care or not, you are quite endearing at times and...cough...cough intelligent.

Do you have a single piece of evidence to support this asinine accusation?

You don't. You're wrong. Stop being antagonistic.

16 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

Why? That's one of the best tools for learning.

It's the people who lack any self awareness ( not saying you per se ) that cause the most drama.

I agree that it is for some people.

Others shut down.

Sometimes it triggers that flight or fight part of our brain.

I know that I provoked you in Gabes journal, but I was genuinely trying to help him out.

I know how it feels to have a misperception on the world around us, hell I served that false reality for 27 years, so now I'm trying to reintegrate into a society that I drained.

I hope you can understand this.

And looking back on my posts as a true noob, I was quite confrontational and overreached my boundaries on a subject I knew very little about. For that I am truly sorry...

30 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

Oh, I'm pretty positive they are right about me ;)

I don't use passive aggressive snark on people I like.

I'm glad you never tried that bull jive with me because I would've told you exactly where to put it my friend lol

Maybe I should type slower for you so you can understand.

Like I responded once before.  When I arrived here some people PM'd me and offered me private advice on how to navigate my way around here.  I thought that was acceptable.  Apparently with some it is not.  I realize that now. 

But at least we know where we stand with one another.  Maybe one day that will change but for now, (shrug)

22 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Maybe I should type slower for you so you can understand.

Like I responded once before.  When I arrived here some people PM'd me and offered me private advice on how to navigate my way around here.  I thought that was acceptable.  Apparently with some it is not.  I realize that now. 

But at least we know where we stand with one another.  Maybe one day that will change but for now, (shrug)

Can you type even slower? I still don't understand, Andrew.