• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

LA Comic Art Show on Sunday November 10, 2019 in Los Angeles

74 posts in this topic

Aside from the no-brainer of anyone in Southern California who collects OA going to the LA Comic Art Convention on 11/10/19, I was just curious on if it's a traveler's destination event that brings collectors from distant geographies?

It's the 3rd show and every time, it's had an amazing museum quality assortment of what many would consider "Grail" super-hero pieces that's awe inspiring to look at in-person.

Here's a link to the website:

https://www.lacomicart.com/

The organizer is super nice.

On 9/16/2019 at 11:35 AM, Stat Monsters said:

Aside from the no-brainer of anyone in Southern California who collects OA going to the LA Comic Art Convention on 11/10/19, I was just curious on if it's a traveler's destination event that brings collectors from distant geographies?

It's the 3rd show and every time, it's had an amazing museum quality assortment of what many would consider "Grail" super-hero pieces that's awe inspiring to look at in-person.

The show earlier this year was fantastic. Superb art on display. One intimate show room not overcrowded. 

1 hour ago, J.Sid said:

Did the price go up to $20? 

It did go up from $10 to $20......however significant others and children under 15 free. I took my wife along to the last show and plan to do it again in November. The good news is Mike Mignola will be here this time. He couldn't make it last time.

Aside from the no-brainer of anyone in Southern California who collects OA going to the LA Comic Art Convention on 11/10/19, I have was just curious on if it's a traveler's destination event that brings collectors from distant geographies?

Reminder this great OA get together is this Sunday, November 10

Edited by grapeape

Going to be super fun this Sunday November 10

9 hours ago, grapeape said:

Reminder this great OA get together is this Sunday, November 10

This summer was a great show. Looking forward to this Sunday, November 10

Going to be super fun this Sunday November 10

Are you a Russian bot?? 

6 hours ago, Rick2you2 said:

Is there a dealer list? We just had one back East, and I was wondering if it the same dealers.

Dealer list is up. The major east coast dealers won’t be there. Actually I’m hoping this is a partial list since Prop Store says they will be there taking consignments and yet they are not listed on the site. 

56 minutes ago, delekkerste said:

Are you a Russian bot?? 

Man, Face, Back, Posing, Robot, Cyborg, Android

ha ha Actualy knew someone was gonna say, "hey are those guys paying you?"

Nah it really was a nice show last time and Mike Mignola will be there tomorrow. 

:makepoint:     

Tomorrow Sunday November 10

Edited by grapeape

6 hours ago, Rick2you2 said:

Is there a dealer list? We just had one back East, and I was wondering if it the same dealers.

Exhibitors

List of Art Dealers and Exhibitors from around the country, will be added soon!

• Mike Mignola (Artist)
  • Genesis West (Mike Thibodeaux)
  • Cool Lines Art (Rich Donnelly)
  • Leo Chua
  • Panel Page Art (Glen Brunswick)
  • Rick Shiu
  • Nostalgic Investments (Bechara Maalouf)
  • IDW (Scott Dunbier)
  • Odyssey Comic Art (Saul Zimmerman)
  • Josh Gray
  • Greg Goldstein
  • Jack Kirby Museum and Research Center (Tom Kraft)