• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Watchmen 2 Printing error?

17 posts in this topic

I recently submitted a Watchmen #2 and wanted to find out if it was indeed a printing error.  I've found out it's a 6.0 and got a Universal grade. 

It appears that the red ink didn't run and mix on the front as the letters that are red on the normal version are stark white on my copy.  The face is also blue and light blue not purple.  The back cover was also supposed to be red, but it is white with a slight bleed of red at the top.

I have taken this around to dealers for the last 10 years and no one had seen a cover like this.

Does anyone out there have any information on this copy.  When I get it back I will post it.

671033C0-CE33-4DFC-A8D4-AAB2A6FD9BB7.jpeg

Edited by augiefuzzyelf
Uploaded book

pics or it didn't happen lol but seriously pics would probably help maybe even a google search. them search engines search real good now. lol 

On 9/16/2019 at 4:41 PM, augiefuzzyelf said:

I recently submitted a Watchmen #2 and wanted to find out if it was indeed a printing error.  I've found out it's a 6.0 and got a Universal grade. 

It appears that the red ink didn't run and mix on the front as the letters that are red on the normal version are stark white on my copy.  The face is also blue and light blue not purple.  The back cover was also supposed to be red, but it is white with a slight bleed of red at the top.

I have taken this around to dealers for the last 10 years and no one had seen a cover like this.

Does anyone out there have any information on this copy.  When I get it back I will post it.

671033C0-CE33-4DFC-A8D4-AAB2A6FD9BB7.jpeg

This topic seems to come up weekly now.

Here are some wonderful "Print Error" - in reality faded books, that I shot at a shop yesterday. Note only muted blues remain.

This is why I don't display books.

On that Watchmen, I would guess that is why it only graded to a 6.0, might have been a 9.0 or better without the fade.

Shame about that DD3 btw.

faded.jpg

Edited by Tempus Fugit

This is the back. The red seems to run out. I’m just trying to understand how the sun fade works... why certain colors fade but others seem unaffected. I understand fade can happen but no dealers I’d shown this book to thought it was sun fade. So I’d appreciate any explanations. The scratch is on the case not the book. Thanks forum.

C5754E58-C449-4E18-B5B8-017C5F2BE972.jpeg

No grader notes were ever posted. I meant the way the red was on the back cover looked like blood and it switched over to white like in the pic... so books will fade on the back as well as front of front faces out?

does red ink fade before other colors? Is that why only blue is left on front? 
my other issue on the front is that the purple ish square is in the same spot on a normal cover.