• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spike and Tyke High Grade File Copies***SOLD***

20 posts in this topic

Hey everyone. Not sure if anyone has an interest in them, so wanted to ask before I post. I have 8 issues, all high grade from the Random House Files. I love the books, but need to move them along. I wanted to gauge possible interest before I post a lot of photos and have them fall on deaf ears. Let me know and if so, I will post photos and price as I would like to sell all 8 as a group. Thanks for reading my babble. 

Scott

Edited by Wrightson fan

9 hours ago, Wrightson fan said:

Hey everyone. Not sure if anyone has an interest in them, so wanted to ask before I post. I have 8 issues, all high grade from the Random House Files. I love the books, but need to move them along. I wanted to gauge possible interest before I post a lot of photos and have them fall on deaf ears. Let me know and if so, I will post photos and price as I would like to sell all 8 as a group. Thanks for reading my babble. 

Scott

Do you have any verification that these are file copies? If I buy one and grade it, I'd like it to say "FILE COPY" on the slab.

Joe

10 minutes ago, Joe Ankenbauer said:

Do you have any verification that these are file copies? If I buy one and grade it, I'd like it to say "FILE COPY" on the slab.

Joe

I do not have any paperwork as them being so. I bought them well over 10 years ago from a seller on ebay who had huge runs of Dell titles that were all in the same condition range. He was selling them all at a time when the Random House File copies came to market, so there was no reason to not believe him. The books were all similar in appearance and page quality. There were several books that I sent to CGC for grading, mostly Dell Rocky and Bullwinkle books, that were files, and they all came back as highest graded. I did not have anything signifying them as File Copies, but CGG noted them as such on the label when they were graded. I put File Copy on my order form, and they were able to determine them to be. With Dells, it is actually kind of easy to tell a File from a non-file, and the graders at CGC know what they are doing when it comes to Pedigree and File books. I think you would be completely ok.... but that comes from my past experience submitting File books.

Hope that helps.

Scott

52 minutes ago, Wrightson fan said:

I do not have any paperwork as them being so. I bought them well over 10 years ago from a seller on ebay who had huge runs of Dell titles that were all in the same condition range. He was selling them all at a time when the Random House File copies came to market, so there was no reason to not believe him. The books were all similar in appearance and page quality. There were several books that I sent to CGC for grading, mostly Dell Rocky and Bullwinkle books, that were files, and they all came back as highest graded. I did not have anything signifying them as File Copies, but CGG noted them as such on the label when they were graded. I put File Copy on my order form, and they were able to determine them to be. With Dells, it is actually kind of easy to tell a File from a non-file, and the graders at CGC know what they are doing when it comes to Pedigree and File books. I think you would be completely ok.... but that comes from my past experience submitting File books.

Hope that helps.

Scott

I have also in the past submitted high grade Richie Rich comics that I bought as Harvey File Copies with no documentation and, after submitting them to CGC with them listed as file copies on the order form, received them back with the "File Copy" notation on the label.