• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CFP Comics
1 1

27 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

Anyone know what's up with Joey at CFPComics? I sent my pressing order in a few months back. Today I was just checking my account to see if there's any update (since I know it takes a while) and discovered my account was gone. I tried emailing him and that bounced back as an invalid address. I also noticed his "currently processing" hasn't been updated in a month+ either. I know he's a long established presser for a lot of you, so I'm hoping one of you might have info. Hopefully it's just a website issue, but it does have me a little worried.

8 hours ago, Tnexus said:

Hi guys,

Anyone know what's up with Joey at CFPComics? I sent my pressing order in a few months back. Today I was just checking my account to see if there's any update (since I know it takes a while) and discovered my account was gone. I tried emailing him and that bounced back as an invalid address. I also noticed his "currently processing" hasn't been updated in a month+ either. I know he's a long established presser for a lot of you, so I'm hoping one of you might have info. Hopefully it's just a website issue, but it does have me a little worried.

Was wondering same. Thanks for asking this. And @joeypost, thank you for addressing it. 

6 minutes ago, joeypost said:

More than a few bugs. Email is down right now, I apologize for that. They are working on it. In the meantime PM sent. 

Hi Joey.  I was getting ready to add another order and when I checked on my current orders it shows another person's orders.  You have one of mine now and was wondering if I should wait until you get it worked out or can I go ahead and add a new order?

Thanks

Hope all goes well with Joey. My experience was horrible. 

On 9/17/2019 at 12:36 AM, Tnexus said:

Hi guys,

Good luck my experience with CFP didn’t go well.  Hopefully you have better luck than me. 

Anyone else having a hard time getting through to @joeypost? Mine was one of the orders that disappeared with the site snafu, but three inquires — two via DM on this board and an email to CFP — over the past few days, and no response.

Three of the “gems” in my meager collection were in the lot — an Iron Fist 14, ASM 238, Strange Adventures 205 — so I’m getting a little nervous. These were books that were submitted 6/20. 

22 minutes ago, alexanderjk said:

Anyone else having a hard time getting through to @joeypost? Mine was one of the orders that disappeared with the site snafu, but three inquires — two via DM on this board and an email to CFP — over the past few days, and no response.

Three of the “gems” in my meager collection were in the lot — an Iron Fist 14, ASM 238, Strange Adventures 205 — so I’m getting a little nervous. These were books that were submitted 6/20. 

As I understand it his email server has crashed leaving him with a heap of data to re-install from back-up.

Add that to thousands of books to press then he's very busy.

He's been responding via PM - but Joey is often too busy too reply for a day or two.

Don't worry, he will get back to you soon.

You can always call - Sandra is very helpful.

Just a very busy time I'm afraid, give it a day or two. :foryou:

4 hours ago, Beige said:

As I understand it his email server has crashed leaving him with a heap of data to re-install from back-up.

Add that to thousands of books to press then he's very busy.

He's been responding via PM - but Joey is often too busy too reply for a day or two.

Don't worry, he will get back to you soon.

You can always call - Sandra is very helpful.

Just a very busy time I'm afraid, give it a day or two. :foryou:

Thanks for the encouragement! He did indeed get back to me, so it was needless worrying on my part. 

For those of you who have submitted to CFP before, what has typically been your turn-around time?

I submitted five books -- three SA, a Bronze key, and a Modern key -- in early June. Cleaned and pressed around October 12, then submitted to CGC, fast-tracked, that same week. Still waiting.

Getting updates via email and DM has been...sporadic, at best. 

Edited by alexanderjk

3 hours ago, alexanderjk said:

For those of you who have submitted to CFP before, what has typically been your turn-around time?

I submitted five books -- three SA, a Bronze key, and a Modern key -- in early June. Cleaned and pressed around October 12, then submitted to CGC, fast-tracked, that same week. Still waiting.

Getting updates via email and DM has been...sporadic, at best. 

I believe my books from August only recently got to CGC, so you probably have another month or so before you get them back.  Don't worry Joey is 100% reliable, but turnarounds are usually in the 3-4 month world, that's what I've become accustomed to when I use him. 

At this point CGC becomes the (big) limiting factor...

I sent some magazines to Joey mid-August for cleaning & pressing.

They were submitted (economy) to CGC around mid-October.

Been waiting since... and given what I have read in the CGC turnaround thread, I doubt I will get them back in 2019 :frown:

Edited by Frederic9494