• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which one of you guys won this?

44 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Kahnadah said:

I think Mr. and Mrs. Shill got that one.

I sure hope so teach those damn shill's to stay off my lawn.. :pullhair:

1 hour ago, westerberg14 said:

Funny that this story made the rounds earlier this week.  Maybe that helped?  https://geektyrant.com/news/marvel-reportedly-developing-a-silver-surfer-movie

Iron pyrite rather than gold in this case.

Edited by Ken Aldred

23 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:

To be fair, I wasn't aware of certain titles being reprints when I started collecting as a kid.

I'd read names such as Marvel's Greatest Comics, Marvel Tales and Fantasy Masterpieces, and it wouldn't necessarily explicitly indicate to me that these were reprints, anymore than partial reprint books such as the extremely generic-sounding Marvel Super-Heroes would.  This would either be because I didn't have much access to Silver Age books, or the titles simply weren't being distributed to the UK at the time.

Luckily, even though I 'hadn't done the research', I never put myself in a situation where I was gouged like this, even for just a £ or two at the time.  Much more important to educate and protect yourself now if getting involved with the current, highly-inflated back issue market.  

It didn't help that sometimes there would be something to alert you to the fact that the story was originally presented elsewhere, usually on the splash page and sometimes no mention is made at all as in the following examples.

1677037371_collectorsitemclassicspagea.thumb.jpg.531e6d525761b4f70aa3acfbf10b7f67.jpg1161600569_collectorsitemclassicspage2.thumb.jpg.e33f36bb4b4c7cb916f0e6326e7a1b8e.jpg