• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which one would you choose, and why???

51 posts in this topic

Both sold this year at ComicLink - blended average of the 2 was around $55k. Which one would you choose, and why? ( if YOU had to buy one, with YOUR real money ) . The way this thread works, now you guys ad different, like priced scenarios- I don’t have time to do this all day - but it sure would be fun!!! :acclaim:

F3BC7AA3-F7BB-42B4-8501-6BEA59215835.jpeg

63DAE12A-53E0-433A-A735-8D40383B03F2.jpeg

Edited by showcase4

Easily take the IH181 (how is this even in the realm of discussion?).  Everyone knows who wolverine is, people outside of comics have no clue who Moon Knight is.  Heck, I read comics and I've never read a Moon Knight book and have only seen him when making appearances in other books.

7 hours ago, Shoomanfoo said:

I can’t compare moon knight to Wolverine. You have a very established character that’s had many movies and cartoon spinoffs. Video games and toys.

This is a no brainer and btw WBN is way overpriced over mere speculation.

I agree its no brainer. WBN32 is a fool's gold.

5 hours ago, RDNacho said:

There are 19 copies of the Werewolf By Night graded 9.8 and 117 copies of the Hulk graded 9.8. I would buy the Werewolf by Night now with the hopes of buying the Hulk in the future.

There is a reason why there are so many more 9.8 Hulk 181. 

You are right you could have the next Panther or Rocket Raccoon, but for the type of money that will be spent
that risk is to high for me.

10 hours ago, showcase4 said:

Both sold this year at ComicLink - blended average of the 2 was around $55k. Which one would you choose, and why? ( if YOU had to buy one, with YOUR real money ) . The way this thread works, now you guys ad different, like priced scenarios- I don’t have time to do this all day - but it sure would be fun!!! :acclaim:

F3BC7AA3-F7BB-42B4-8501-6BEA59215835.jpeg

63DAE12A-53E0-433A-A735-8D40383B03F2.jpeg

I

49 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

There is a reason why there are so many more 9.8 Hulk 181. 

You are right you could have the next Panther or Rocket Raccoon, but for the type of money that will be spent
that risk is to high for me.

Hulk sold maybe 2x as many copies as wwbn. Does anyone know when 32 started getting attentio? Marvel wanted MK to be something with the spotlight and rampaging hulk stories, but it took a while to happen. 181 was something fairly early.

13 minutes ago, comicdonna said:

Obadiah Oldbuck or Action #1?  Why?  Because of old memories!   :whee:

ahem that's the kind of tree you could drive a car through! that would be cool if it was carved.... as long as it didn't kill it of course....

Spoiler

your avatar ;) 

Hulk 181 - Once the new Wolverine gets sorted out, he will be all over the place and the train will just keeping rolling on with games, merchandise, toys etc etc

WBN 32 - One of the biggest speculation books out there, still needs to establish himself once a TV show/Movie is up and running

ASM 300 - 1st Venom, enough said

TWD 1 - The show is over, the book has ended, can't see it holding its value long term