• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Justice League Dark first Appearance?

13 posts in this topic

25 minutes ago, AsGold said:

I have heard that JLD's first appearance is Swamp Thing 49, Swamp 50, and JLD 1. 

Can someone settle this for me?

I am also aware that someone will say that I should just buy all three.

If your concern is monetary value, the market will determine that so there is no one here who can settle it.

They weren't called JLD in Swamp Thing , just all working together.

35 minutes ago, csaag said:

If your concern is monetary value, the market will determine that so there is no one here who can settle it.

They weren't called JLD in Swamp Thing , just all working together.

I'm not really concerned about monetary value. I try to keep my collection small and focus on DC keys. 

Do you think CGC will make a distinction on their labels?

4 minutes ago, AsGold said:

I'm not really concerned about monetary value. I try to keep my collection small and focus on DC keys. 

I dunno if it matters.  That's just 1 private company's opinion.  i do see that current CGC slabs for #49 just make mention of the appearances of Demon, Phantom Stranger etc Maybe that's a nod to the issue being a precursor to officially forming  a group.

10 minutes ago, AsGold said:

If you're concerned with what is on the CGC label more than the random opinions of random internet strangers, you can

a) go on ebay (or other websites) and look at slabs for sale or that have sold and see what the labels say or have said.  NOTE that labels are sometimes updated over time as the significance of some comics change.

b) call or email CGC yourself.  They have paid customer services staff, who I'm sure can look up what is on the labels and just tell you, and you get the most updated information directly from the source. 

OR)

read them all in context and decide for yourself.

maybe search topics.. seems like tis been brought up before.. not sure if there was a resolution.. 

Maybe its one of those things where the chars pop up before say in ST.. swamp thing not strange tales.. then they form the league in say JLD? like the Avengers

Good luck!

Edited by Asbestos

13 main characters (not counting the angels or demons other than Etrigan), split into two groups, join forces in 2 issues of Swamp Thing because of what seems to be the greatest threat ever.

25 years later, 3 of those characters become part of a new 5-member team.

With the start of the new series, some people claim there was a team in the Swamp Thing issues. Not only that, but there's a connection and it was the same team.

Do I have the facts right?

7 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:

13 main characters (not counting the angels or demons other than Etrigan), split into two groups, join forces in 2 issues of Swamp Thing because of what seems to be the greatest threat ever.

25 years later, 3 of those characters become part of a new 5-member team.

With the start of the new series, some people claim there was a team in the Swamp Thing issues. Not only that, but there's a connection and it was the same team.

Do I have the facts right?

Dang. You know your stuff. 

I sell certain issues at premiums to others because people are willing to pay more for some issues than others. i've no idea who the dark JLA is or was, just that people are seeking out some issues more than others and in order to keep living my lifestyle, I tend to charge more for books people want and less for books that have less demand.  If people are being forced to pay more for something that isn't true, maybe they should educate themselves before deciding what they spend their money on.