• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

problem with mylites 2

74 posts in this topic

The photos will likely give us an answer quite quickly, but as we're still waiting I'll speculate a bit more...

If the Mylites are not wide enough for the books that could conceivably be 'pinching' them and causing a problem. I think the given 'ages' for the Mylite sizes are potentially misleading as in my opinion they are very tight for books of those ages. I personally use Super GA size for GA, SA and even BA and I think it's a nice size... no danger at all of pinching the book or snagging an edge or corner when sliding it in. Opinions differ, but I would never use BA Mylites for BA books, or Modern Mylites for modern books.

And yeah, I do agree that halfbacks are kind of 'wimpy'. If pressure is being exerted on a book + halfback combo they can certainly bend, which is not ideal. Fullbacks are much tougher.

On 9/18/2019 at 11:35 AM, EC ed said:

Photos?

On 9/18/2019 at 2:24 PM, Krishosein said:

can you take a pic of the books in the storage box and a pic of the damage so we can see specifically what your talking about. 

On 9/18/2019 at 7:12 PM, newshane said:

Pictures would help. 

23 hours ago, newshane said:

Can you show us pictures of how you are storing the books and what they look like in the bags? 

23 hours ago, a.breton said:

i will provide photos soon as i can...

23 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Pics should clarify everything presumably 

23 hours ago, a.breton said:

...i will have photos soon

7 hours ago, Krishosein said:

yeah pictures would help us understand the damage your are talking about and maybe help us eliminate the potential problems to get to the source.

1 hour ago, Point Five said:

The photos will likely give us an answer quite quickly...

54 minutes ago, a.breton said:

...i will soon provide the photos!

tenor.gif

Are the comics in the b and b's not fitting in the boxes with any room to spare?I know I've found for Dell and other larger sized SA or GA-using SA fullbacks,mylites I had to start using mag boxes,as things were just WAY to snug with a normal long or short.

2 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

Are the comics in the b and b's not fitting in the boxes with any room to spare?I know I've found for Dell and other larger sized SA or GA-using SA fullbacks,mylites I had to start using mag boxes,as things were just WAY to snug with a normal long or short.

no they fit nice