• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel #1
5 5

329 posts in this topic

40 minutes ago, Ameri said:

Game time. There was Concentration but this is called Registration. Of the 16 below, which Torch face would you say is the clearest? The winner gets the No-Prize of course. Want a hint? Sorry, no can do! OK ok how about "white pinpoints." I'm losing it folks

Marvel 1 registration examples.JPG

# 1

4 minutes ago, woowoo said:

# 1

46 minutes ago, Ameri said:

Game time. There was Concentration but this is called Registration. Of the 16 below, which Torch face would you say is the clearest? The winner gets the No-Prize of course. Want a hint? Sorry, no can do! OK ok how about "white pinpoints." I'm losing it folks

The ambulance just left my place.  The good news is that I'm NOT repeat NOT having a stroke...

50 minutes ago, Ameri said:

Whichever the cgc 3.5 is...? Is it #1...single wishbone please. Bottom blur is the HA cgc 3.0 that sold last year. 

1 hour ago, Aman619 said:

I agree.  Book has been in a death spiral for decades... I think final price will disappoint its fans.. 

So not to be Debbie Downer, but is MC 1 the most common GA mega-key in ultra-high grade?

There are 2 9.0s, now this 9.4 and still out in the wild is the Church copy, which by reputation would be a 9.4 at a minimum and probably much higher. 

2 hours ago, tth2 said:

So not to be Debbie Downer, but is MC 1 the most common GA mega-key in ultra-high grade?

There are 2 9.0s, now this 9.4 and still out in the wild is the Church copy, which by reputation would be a 9.4 at a minimum and probably much higher. 

Interesting. Is there a chance that this 9.4 was once one of the 9.0s? Or is it genuinely new to market?

22 minutes ago, telerites said:

I guess there is no census distinguishing between the October and November?  How much more would this bring if it were an October copy?

I think I remember @G.A.tor saying a 6.0 may the highest October?  Nic Cage's is a 5.0?

It seems to me that the October and November copies should be listed on the census separately. 90k print run to a 900k print run ( if memory serves ) 

4 hours ago, tth2 said:

I find it funny how 4 high grade copies make it the most common  comic book key! In coins, 100,000 existing coins of an issue date is considered rare! We really don't know what rare is, do we?

3 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:

It seems to me that the October and November copies should be listed on the census separately. 90k print run to a 900k print run ( if memory serves ) 

Agreed - they are two separate and distinct issues of the same book.

Edited by pemart1966

3 hours ago, telerites said:

I guess there is no census distinguishing between the October and November?  How much more would this bring if it were an October copy?

I think I remember @G.A.tor saying a 6.0 may the highest October?  Nic Cage's is a 5.0?

An October copy SHOULD sell for a huge premium.  

3 hours ago, telerites said:

If there were an October and November Marvel 1 - both identically graded and identical in appearance, the October version should bring the premium all day long.  The exception possibly being the Jacquet Pay Copy.                                              

Edited by pemart1966

1 minute ago, pemart1966 said:

If there were an October and November Marvel 1 - both identically graded and identical in appearance, the October version should bring the premium all day long.                                                  

I believe oct have always brought some premium at time of sale when compared to nov copy