• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1st Appearance of Sleeper symbiote
1 1

50 posts in this topic

Venom:First Host #3.

Personally the 1st appearance of the goop he comes from does nothing for me.

2nd print is the book to have due to 1st cover appearance. I got the 1st print, didn’t bother with 2nd, oh well.

i thought it interesting to see a symbiote without a toothy mouth.

LCS had a buy 2 get 1 free about 3 weeks ago and I found 3 of the 2nd prints in one of the boxes. Took 2 of them as they were high grade the 3rd one had a few defects but last I looked it was still there.

Not many people here pick up on these so was happy to grab 2 when I did and not have to pay anything towards them, they were still marked at cover price. Hopefully the 1st appearance, cover appearance and low print run add to the value of this over the next few years as I'd love to sell or trade for something I want in my collection and if not well I got them for free so oh well.

5 hours ago, IbukiLord said:

I think this was the first CGC sale from what I can see, pretty good sale there

xvmRaL4.png

I was the 2nd highest bidder ~ got sniped out of the top bidder spot in the last 5 seconds.

Funny thing with this one —- I either dodged a bullet, or will be kicking myself in the future .... no middle ground with production numbers of 1641 ( from memory )

Edited by showcase4

1 hour ago, showcase4 said:

I was the 2nd highest bidder ~ got sniped out of the top bidder spot in the last 5 seconds.

Funny thing with this one —- I either dodged a bullet, or will be kicking myself in the future .... no middle ground with production numbers of 1641 ( from memory )

They should always allow the 2nd place person to place another bid when they happen within seconds of the bids closing, hard luck on that one.

Are none of the ones you have 9.8 candidates?

4 hours ago, IbukiLord said:

Are none of the ones you have 9.8 candidates?

definitely - several  (thumbsu

have to have a tough stomach, and accept the "high risk / high reward"  mindset with speculating --  with that said -- I was born at Night -- but not Last Night!  I have my fair share of Blue Chip, "safe" - graded / high demand / high grade SA Marvels and DC's --- yet also really do enjoy rolling "The Moderns Speculation Dice" ( like the Venom 3 2nd Print 'First Host' Variant you are asking about - these are my 9.8-ish copies ) 

meyer.jpg

Edited by showcase4

I was more interested in the Kinred character who is appearing in the latest run of Amazing Spider-man, I have my theories on who he is and think that he is Gabrail Stacy the Gray Goblin! Most of the other readers I've seen have thought that it is Harry but he does not fit so I'll just have to wait. I think his 1st appearance is in issue 24 goodness knows what volume I've lost count although I do like this variant cover. I'm sorry if this is off topic.(thumbsu

s-l1600.jpg

4 hours ago, tv horror said:

I was more interested in the Kinred character who is appearing in the latest run of Amazing Spider-man, I have my theories on who he is and think that he is Gabrail Stacy the Gray Goblin! Most of the other readers I've seen have thought that it is Harry but he does not fit so I'll just have to wait. I think his 1st appearance is in issue 24 goodness knows what volume I've lost count although I do like this variant cover. I'm sorry if this is off topic.(thumbsu

s-l1600.jpg

Comicbookdb.com has the first appearance of kindred in ASM #4 2018. FYI, just what they say.