• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1st Appearance of Sleeper symbiote
1 1

50 posts in this topic

On 9/19/2019 at 2:23 PM, showcase4 said:

Here are some of mine - all eBay. I hold out for NM+ / they are presently selling for around $95 a pop

375123AD-FCC1-4B59-BAA8-C6C688333E87.jpeg

So six books almost $600. That's crazy imo. I would buy a sub-mariner #1 but that's me.. 

On 9/23/2019 at 11:55 AM, showcase4 said:

definitely - several  (thumbsu

have to have a tough stomach, and accept the "high risk / high reward"  mindset with speculating --  with that said -- I was born at Night -- but not Last Night!  I have my fair share of Blue Chip, "safe" - graded / high demand / high grade SA Marvels and DC's --- yet also really do enjoy rolling "The Moderns Speculation Dice" ( like the Venom 3 2nd Print 'First Host' Variant you are asking about - these are my 9.8-ish copies ) 

On 9/23/2019 at 11:55 AM, showcase4 said:

meyer.jpg

On 9/27/2019 at 9:18 PM, EmpyreDave said:

Comicbookdb.com has the first appearance of kindred in ASM #4 2018. FYI, just what they say.

Kindred doesn't actually appear in 4, at least not visually. The first time we actually see the character is in 5. There are some speech bubbles in 4 that are from him, but we don't find that out until 5. 

On 9/29/2019 at 8:04 AM, Kon_Jelly said:

Kindred doesn't actually appear in 4, at least not visually. The first time we actually see the character is in 5. There are some speech bubbles in 4 that are from him, but we don't find that out until 5. 

Isn’t Kindred in a bunch of panels with Mysterio in issue #1?

39 minutes ago, showcase4 said:

Have about $600 “Invested :foryou:“ into this book now, and I’m done/ moving on. As you know, in the future, these nine (9) 9.8’s :wishluck: you see here can only have 1 of 2 values ....

A) $6,000:headbang:

B) $6 :flamed:

627C54D8-BF89-4787-83AA-C3510CEAAF8D.jpeg

I'm going to come back here and laugh at you next Wednesday when Venom #19 comes out.....

25 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

9 x $55 = $495  ???

1.jpg.b4812bc41c351953db54b23e48ad2939.jpg

These were all 9.4-ish / maybe a 9.6 in there . (ZERO 9.8’s :gossip:

the 9.8’s are all here with me / not on eBay

I hold out for only the very best books you can lose you *ss on !

Edited by showcase4

17 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Oh, gotcha. Are you the guy doing the eBay grading by pictures for CGC now btw?

Nope! But sure know what soft corners and minor color breaking spine creases do to their grading outcomes! ( I’ve seen - literally - all of those you listed - all have “issues” )

:baiting:

Edited by showcase4

10 minutes ago, showcase4 said:

Nope! But sure know what soft corners and minor color breaking spine creases do to their grading outcomes! :baiting:

Yes, the few in the image are not 9.8's I'll agree. I was pointing out what the current market value is. If you go back a couple days you can find what look to be 9.8s that sold for $50. Again, grading a book off a picture is not going to work.