• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Good deals on Ebay
2 2

96 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

I like the deal I posted

I'm just not sure I'm ready to fork over that kind of cash

And only profit a couple hundred if I ever decide to move off it.

yeah , not too many people have a spare $4200.00 lying around to spend at one time on comic books ... 

5 minutes ago, Krishosein said:

no I am in Canada but I think we get hit with import duties as the "tax" but I think I got hit with sales tax and a import duty as well. I am trying to find that invoice on eBay but couldn't. But that's what I remember. 

Not on ebay

Your good if you buy off Canadian sellers

But if you buy from US sellers than you are subject to import charges

6 hours ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Is Ryan Leaf in there?

Man what a bust that guy was

Hey Hollywood,, did you see the infamous Mark Jackson basketball card yet ??  it's a 1990 card but it;s significance was just discovered last year by some eagle eyed card collector ...

Image result for menendez brothers basketball card

7 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

You'll have to help me out

Who is that?

i would say google it. it was recently found out who they are.

55 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Yeah

I found out

Uggh....:whatthe:

eBay sellers were really trying to cash in on their "90" Fleer Jackson cards when the news broke .. they went from a common 10 cent card to having people ask $20 bucks each and more..

but even with the novelty i don't think anyone bought them .. they were mass produced that year and there are gadzillions of them out there still, 

2 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

eBay sellers were really trying to cash in on their "90" Fleer Jackson cards when the news broke .. they went from a common 10 cent card to having people ask $20 bucks each and more..

but even with the novelty i don't think anyone bought them .. they were mass produced that year and there are gadzillions of them out there still, 

I'm starting to think gazillions might not set the value on things as much as the desire to own something so notorious.

2 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

Hey Hollywood,, did you see the infamous Mark Jackson basketball card yet ??  it's a 1990 card but it;s significance was just discovered last year by some eagle eyed card collector ...

This is an interesting detail in the article linked when you click the second picture...

"Sleuths on Reddit were first to notice the Menendez brothers seated courtside in the background of the basketball card. Action Network’s Darren Rovell later confirmed the photo was taken at Madison Square Garden during the 1989-90 season, meaning the brothers would have been watching the game during the seven months between when they killed their parents and were arrested."

...Btw, the OP has a good idea on spotting Ebay bargains (thumbsu. These combined fees with PayPal make it tough. Ebay charges the same fee for the shipping charge. Amazon is not much better I think they charge a higher fee since they don't use PayPal 

Edited by MGsimba77

3 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Ya I'm not sure on Canada and all that jazz, I haven't made a purchase out of country in quit a while 

Lol was just stating what I did know haha

I’m glad I live in the US because Canada skipping is expensive 🤔🤔🤥🤥

Just now, FoggyNelson said:

I’m glad I live in the US because Canada skipping is expensive 🤔🤔🤥🤥

Yes indeedy and I hope cgc can expand to have multiple locations one day ^^

I just hope that when the time comes it is as reputable at each location ;)

Thats the only valid reason I can think of for them not having done so yet hm

They have the shipping place in London, but no in house graders there :(

There are still deals to be found... you just have to be super patient and cast a broad net.

I secured a lower grade Hulk 180 this way. I’ve also gotten a bunch of lots where I keep 3-4 $10 or more value books and sell the rest to break even and sometimes make a small profit.

There are some search tricks to use on eBay to cast that wide net and sometimes find stuff regular searches may not see

5 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

There’s a thread here about eBay wins somewhere, where, among many items featured, there’s enough string there to explain to you what to search for and how to find a good deal on eBay 

But of course, you’d have to read it ;)

If I like a product I'd be satisfied to pay the amount they are asking, but generally I offer them something closer to fair market value, and if I really want something I offer them a price than I get a couple of my friends to offer them something lower than the price I offered.

Seems to work....

1 hour ago, MGsimba77 said:

This is an interesting detail in the article linked when you click the second picture...

"Sleuths on Reddit were first to notice the Menendez brothers seated courtside in the background of the basketball card. Action Network’s Darren Rovell later confirmed the photo was taken at Madison Square Garden during the 1989-90 season, meaning the brothers would have been watching the game during the seven months between when they killed their parents and were arrested."

...Btw, the OP has a good idea on spotting Ebay bargains (thumbsu. These combined fees with PayPal make it tough. Ebay charges the same fee for the shipping charge. Amazon is not much better I think they charge a higher fee since they don't use PayPal 

I just figure if people find deals and they arent interested they could post them here and other people could buy them if they wanted(thumbsu:tink: