• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Good deals on Ebay
2 2

96 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, KirbyJack said:

Got this for $31 two years ago. Pretty happy when it showed up.

F2E2A868-3B92-439E-ACCF-57FD0DDFD8C3.thumb.jpeg.a5aaf06f9a40235914936d5c64ce16fd.jpeg

maybe we should make it a feature of this thread to show the ebay pics lol

@KirbyJack your picture is to pristine and shows the book so well, that the first thing that popped in my brain was no way the listing was that upfront :shy: 

then again maybe it was but the thought made me chuckle :roflmao: 

5 hours ago, Hollywood1892 said:

I like the deal I posted

I'm just not sure I'm ready to fork over that kind of cash

And only profit a couple hundred if I ever decide to move off it.

If you think asm 300 or 299 have upward potential try to get them for $2000. 300 is going for $2000 or so, 299 $250-300, try to make a deal, maybe you can get both for under $2000 paying cash. 

1 hour ago, Hollywood1892 said:

If I like a product I'd be satisfied to pay the amount they are asking, but generally I offer them something closer to fair market value, and if I really want something I offer them a price than I get a couple of my friends to offer them something lower than the price I offered.

Seems to work....

What’s your eBay username?

and your friends?

1 hour ago, the blob said:

If you think asm 300 or 299 have upward potential try to get them for $2000. 300 is going for $2000 or so, 299 $250-300, try to make a deal, maybe you can get both for under $2000 paying cash. 

I think the upward potential might only be a few hundred on the ASM 300. Still a nice comic to ad to the collection, I'm just not sure it's my collection. Months ago I strongly considered it and BA 12, but I didnt pull the trigger. Now I see eternals 1 has a good chance of reaching ASM value by the time the movie comes out, could have moved on that when it was dirt cheap last year.

1 minute ago, Hollywood1892 said:

I think the upward potential might only be a few hundred on the ASM 300. Still a nice comic to ad to the collection, I'm just not sure it's my collection. Months ago I strongly considered it and BA 12, but I didnt pull the trigger. Now I see eternals 1 has a good chance of reaching ASM value by the time the movie comes out, could have moved on that when it was dirt cheap last year.

I would not plow money into Eternals at current prices.

2 minutes ago, the blob said:

I would not plow money into Eternals at current prices.

I know...its just crazy...I bet two months before the movie, it reaches its ceiling and than there is a good possibility of it plummeting.

I think Ironman 55 has dropped a bit since endgame

Edited by Hollywood1892

18 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Yes indeedy and I hope cgc can expand to have multiple locations one day ^^

I just hope that when the time comes it is as reputable at each location ;)

Thats the only valid reason I can think of for them not having done so yet hm

They have the shipping place in London, but no in house graders there :(

(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship) if they had one in Canada.... (worship)(worship)(worship)(worship):whee::banana:(thumbsu^^

So basically this is where I think everything spiraled out of control in relation to your method of finding a deal:

18 hours ago, Hollywood1892 said:

If I like a product I'd be satisfied to pay the amount they are asking, but generally I offer them something closer to fair market value, and if I really want something I offer them a price than I get a couple of my friends to offer them something lower than the price I offered.

Seems to work....

Youve suggested a tactic that made less sense to me than, lets say this one:

19 hours ago, comicginger1789 said:

There are still deals to be found... you just have to be super patient and cast a broad net.

I secured a lower grade Hulk 180 this way. I’ve also gotten a bunch of lots where I keep 3-4 $10 or more value books and sell the rest to break even and sometimes make a small profit.

There are some search tricks to use on eBay to cast that wide net and sometimes find stuff regular searches may not see

And I think that regardless of ethicality or not, theres alot of wisdom in what comicginger says. 

Patience and diverse search practices are fundamental to finding deals on eBay. There are many out there and I can find an average of one deal an hour just by applying a broad net of search terms after building a credible history of transactions that will teach me to obtain such deals.

And I will just leave it at that 

1 minute ago, Aweandlorder said:

So basically this is where I think everything spiraled out of control in relation to your method of finding a deal:

And I think that regardless of ethicality or not, theres alot of wisdom in what comicginger says. 

Patience and diverse search practices are fundamental to finding deals on eBay. There are many out there and I can find an average of one deal an hour just by applying a broad net of search terms after building a credible history of transactions that will teach me to obtain such deals.

I'd give you a like

But I ran out of them today

I guess you can only give so many likes

So:tink:

50 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

I personally do not feel bad if I find a valuable book for cheap. We live in a world where the info is easily available. If someone does not want to take the times to find out how much something is before pricing it, that is on them. On the flip side, if they are super happy getting $40 and I am super happy getting a book I would not likely get otherwise because of how much it costs, isn't that a win win still for everyone?

I definitely see plenty of completed sales where I would have paid as much or more. Of course, had I been another bidder who knows where it might have ended? Can't assume you would have paid $1 more than the sale price. I have a few books I search for and rest assured, if I take a one month break a bunch will have gone cheap in the interim. Basically, it takes time and patience.