• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Good deals on Ebay
2 2

96 posts in this topic

On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 6:10 AM, Hollywood1892 said:

Rae Carruth

OJ Simpson

Michael Vick

lol

Is Ryan Leaf in there?

Man what a bust that guy was

Robert Rozier. Darryl Henley, Donte Stallworth, Kenny Brit, Aaron Hernandez, and many more. You'd have quite a lengthy autograph collection if undertake this goal!

3 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

a funner thread might be one with "BAD DEALS ON EBAY"

it's always good for a laugh when someone gives a link to some seller trying to sell his drek at 10x its actual value 

(not counting Milehigh comics which is in a league of its own)

I saw a spawn 1 9.8 selling for $700 once

17 hours ago, comicginger1789 said:

I personally do not feel bad if I find a valuable book for cheap. We live in a world where the info is easily available. If someone does not want to take the times to find out how much something is before pricing it, that is on them. On the flip side, if they are super happy getting $40 and I am super happy getting a book I would not likely get otherwise because of how much it costs, isn't that a win win still for everyone?

I wasn’t saying that finding a deal on eBay is unethical. Just relating to the debate we had earlier in relation to the OP dealing practices in comparison to your method of deal finding. 

I once won a Necronomicon for 7$ because the seller wrote that the book is in fair condition because it had someone, he suspected a child, deface the book by scribbling aggressively over the first two pages of the book and included a pic of the pages

If you know that book, you’d know that that’s Salvador Dali’s hand signed dedication to Giger which is part of the book’s features. 

I also made a snarky remark hinting to my own thread on this board which showcases many deals found on eBay here:

2 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

I wasn’t saying that finding a deal on eBay is unethical. Just relating to the debate we had earlier in relation to the OP dealing practices in comparison to your method of deal finding. 

I once won a Necronomicon for 7$ because the seller wrote that the book is in fair condition because it had someone, he suspected a child, deface the book by scribbling aggressively over the first two pages of the book and included a pic of the pages

If you know that book, you’d know that that’s Salvador Dali’s hand signed dedication to Giger which is part of the book’s features. 

I also made a snarky remark hinting to my own thread on this board which showcases many deals found on eBay here:

We all make snarky remarks sometimes (thumbsu

Thread has merit imo. I’ve stumbled across good deals where I thought to myself, man that’s a good deal, for someone, but I’m not that guy today. Wouldn’t mind having an avenue to direct boardies to it. Although, it has the potential for people to start pimping their own listings...

2 hours ago, Callaway29 said:

Thread has merit imo. I’ve stumbled across good deals where I thought to myself, man that’s a good deal, for someone, but I’m not that guy today. Wouldn’t mind having an avenue to direct boardies to it. Although, it has the potential for people to start pimping their own listings...

I didn't understand what that term "pimp their own listings" meant until now.

So people would just bring their products and post them here?

16 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

I didn't understand what that term "pimp their own listings" meant until now.

So people would just bring their products and post them here?

Yea, people could potentially say “hey folks, look at this awesome deal” under the premise they aren’t connected to the listing, when in fact it’s their book(s)...

I say screw it though, if individuals do it and get called out, let the shame rain. We self govern pretty well here...

Edited by Callaway29
Boozin, typos always coincide

1 hour ago, Callaway29 said:

Yea, people could potentially say “hey folks, look at this awesome deal” under the premise they aren’t connected to the listing, when in fact it’s their book(s)...

I say screw it though, if individuals do it and get called out, let the shame rain. We self govern pretty well here...

I remember one thread where someone joined the boards and was all "Oh wow guys hey have you seen this incredible deal?? Rare!!"  Several boardies were all "yeah we know its your listing bro nice try if you say its not prove it by buying the INCREDIBLE DEAL".  lol 

5 minutes ago, kav said:

I remember one thread where someone joined the boards and was all "Oh wow guys hey have you seen this incredible deal?? Rare!!"  Several boardies were all "yeah we know its your listing bro nice try if you say its not prove it by buying the INCREDIBLE DEAL".  lol 

What happened.....lol

1 minute ago, Hollywood1892 said:

What happened.....lol

His bumbling attempt to 'trick' a board full of experts crashed and burned somethin awful plus a side order of boardie research and mocking.

Tail between legs was the end result, as usual-

I have $210 in PayPal funds burning a hole in my pocket. Randomly listed some car parts I considered to be trash and believe it or not they are actually selling. Encouraging me to list more. Haven’t seen what I want to buy yet though. My comic collection is at my moms. I order comics, look at them the day they arrive, then put them on top of the fridge until the next time I see my mom and off they go to her house. Kind of sucking the joy out of it for me at the moment

6 minutes ago, dupont2005 said:

I have $210 in PayPal funds burning a hole in my pocket. Randomly listed some car parts I considered to be trash and believe it or not they are actually selling. Encouraging me to list more. Haven’t seen what I want to buy yet though. My comic collection is at my moms. I order comics, look at them the day they arrive, then put them on top of the fridge until the next time I see my mom and off they go to her house. Kind of sucking the joy out of it for me at the moment

Any music you need for your collection?Not sure what format you prefer,but if you like physical copies,rarewaves has a great selection of stuff and free shipping is such an added bonus.They have all sorts of interesting stuff.