• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Genesis of DC Event Box Sets?

4 posts in this topic

As I've touched on Marvel's before:

2019 Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Set

(They're also releasing an X-Men set in 2020 to celebrate the Fox Studios acquisition.)

I'm wonder if this signals the beginning of DC releasing similar sets to celebrate their own comic events?

Crisis on Infinite Earths Box Set

I'm in for it!

3 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

As I've touched on Marvel's before:

2019 Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Set

(They're also releasing an X-Men set in 2020 to celebrate the Fox Studios acquisition.)

I'm wonder if this signals the beginning of DC releasing similar sets to celebrate their own comic events?

Crisis on Infinite Earths Box Set

I'm in for it!

If it gets down to $250 at IST week of release, I may pick it up.

I'm mostly looking forward to the X-Men Children of the Atom set. I've already sold most of my Masterworks in anticipation!

22 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

If it gets down to $250 at IST week of release, I may pick it up.

I'm mostly looking forward to the X-Men Children of the Atom set. I've already sold most of my Masterworks in anticipation!

Earth's Mightiest Box Set was $300 at IST at release. I'll snag this anywhere between $250-325.

I'm gonna pass on the X-Men set. I love the other 6, but that one just doesn't interest me right now.

5 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Earth's Mightiest Box Set was $300 at IST at release. I'll snag this anywhere between $250-325.

I'm gonna pass on the X-Men set. I love the other 6, but that one just doesn't interest me right now.

I enjoyed Crisis, and all of the various tie-ins, so I'd enjoy reading that set. Most of the Marvel sets don't appeal to me because I didn't care for the stories. Civil War, Infinity Gauntlet, etc don't mean much to me. But a chronological hardcover collection of every X-Men appearance, including stuff that was even left out of the Masterworks, is right up my alley. I'm hoping they'll follow it up with another set, but if not, most of the important stuff has been collected in oversized HC's, and that's ok with me for now.

The other issue is that these things seem horking huge, so I'm not sure where I'd put them if I had a few.

Crisis looks pretty sweet for sure, though!