• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] 10% off! Last call! Marvel, DC, Archie, Charlton Teen & Romance, Pre-hero Marvel/Atlas - Final Recap bottom of page 18!!

352 posts in this topic

I've been dragging my feet on posting these, but if I would ever like to spend money again I need to pay off a bit of overspending...

I'll kick off with some pre-hero Marvel/Atlas that I have accumulated and can (begrudgingly) let go. Some of these I bought slabbed, others I slabbed myself and know the history. Once I have gotten through these I have a TON of teen/romance books from a variety of publishers, most notably Marvel, DC, Charlton, and Archie. Those will take me a bit of time to work through, so this will be a longer term undertaking.

Winner to be determined by me. A :takeit: in the public thread is ideal, but I will also entertain offers via PM. I will post any completed sales via PM in the public thread as soon as I can. If the book sells via PM (as in a deal is 100% complete and accepted by both parties) and then the book sells in the public thread, the PM buyer still wins it. If the book sells in the public thread while negotiations are still ongoing via PM then the thread buyer wins. I will do my best to determine the winner fairly in the event of a near tie.

Returns welcome, even on slabbed books, within 7 days of receipt. Just notify me you would like to return prior to mailing them back. Return shipping is on the buyer unless I made some material error in listing, in which case it will be on me. Return shipping on slabbed books is always on the buyer, and buyer's remorse (and/or finding it someplace else) is not a good reason for a return.

I will accept Paypal, checks, or MOs. Paypal only from international buyers.

Shipping will be additional and at cost unless noted, via some trackable method we can agree upon. This will usually be USPS priority mail in the US. International buyers are welcome, just be aware that shipping may be pricey depending on where you are.

I think that will cover all the fine print, so I may as well dive in...

Tales of Suspense #1 CGC 2.5 LT-OW signed by Stan Lee on first page in 2011 -- asking $1250 shipped SOLD :news:

Great book I've owned for nearly 10 years, acquired in trade. It was my keeper until I upgraded about two months ago. It has not been pressed since I acquired it, and I had it signed in Dallas during one of Stan's many appearances. I prefer interior signatures on classic books, and have attached a photo of the signature prior to submission. There is no GPA data on signed copies of this book, which makes it difficult to value, not to mention the GPA data itself could be argued to be kind of unhelpful. I think this asking price is quite fair based upon the rarity of the book, and the fact that I really wouldn't mind keeping it if at all possible.

TOS01CGCss.jpg

TOS01CGCssbc.jpg

IMG_7088.JPG

TOS01CGCssifc.jpg

TOS01GPA.jpg

Edited by mysterio
Added sales rules I forgot this morning.

Journey Into Mystery #47 CGC 4.5 OW-W -- asking $145 + shipping SOLD :news:

Very nice copy for the grade, I anticipated more like a 5.0-5.5 on this book. I did not press it, but suspect the person I bought it from raw had pressed it prior to my purchase. Scan brightened up the back cover a bit. It looks fine, just not quite that white. lol

JIM47CGC.jpg

JIM47CGCbc.jpg

Edited by mysterio

1 hour ago, mysterio said:

Journey Into Mystery #47 CGC 4.5 OW-W -- asking $145 + shipping

Very nice copy for the grade, I anticipated more like a 5.0-5.5 on this book. I did not press it, but suspect the person I bought it from raw had pressed it prior to my purchase. Scan brightened up the back cover a bit. It looks fine, just not quite that white. lol

JIM47CGC.jpg

JIM47CGCbc.jpg

:takeit:

A couple more this evening, and maybe I can start some of the teen/romance stuff tomorrow. Work/grading permitting...

Tales to Astonish #6 CGC 6.5 OW C-1 restored -- asking $195 + shipping

Very pretty copy of this book, only resto note is "small amount of glue on spine of cover". Bought it raw and had it graded, and the resto was not a huge surprise. Book was pressed prior to grading. When I obtained a blue label 6.0 I paid many times what I am asking for this (arguably visually superior) copy. Note the writing on the back, the stuff at the bottom is a list of the stories within.

TTA06CGCa.jpg

TTA06CGCabc.jpg

Mystical Tales #5 VG-/VG -- asking $95 + shipping

Solid enough copy from a title you don't see too often. Light wear, some tanning inside covers but pages are fairly fresh. Cover and centerfold well attached at both staples. Minor moisture spots to top of front cover (can see one lightly in M of title). Clean 1/4" split at bottom of spine.

MysticalTales05.jpg

MysticalTales05bc.jpg

Not on theme with the others, I realize, but I have scans and am in a selling mood...

More Fun #118 VG/VG+ -- REMOVED FROM SALE

Bought this on the boards when I had aspirations of working on this title, but harsh reality has set in. Solid copy, a bit of light creasing and a couple of short edge tears, but overall a nice looking book. Everything well attached at both staples. Love the back cover ad!

MoreFun118.jpg

Edited by mysterio

Been busier (and more tired) this week than I had planned, so didn't get as much posted as I'd hoped. I'm going to put up a few early birds this morning and hope to get back to the thread a bit this afternoon and over the weekend.

Miss America #48  incomplete -- $5 + shipping

About Good technically, but the book is missing at least one page and probably another wrap (likely the dreaded paper dolls). Seven pages (one loose) in front of the staples and six behind. Somehow the cover is still attached at the lower staple to the six wraps that remain together. Placeholder of a book you don't see every day.

MissAmerica48.jpg

MissAmerica48bc.jpg

Miss America #75 G -- asking $15 + shipping

Book has wear, but is complete and everything is attached at the single staple mid-spine. Chipping at the top spine corner is the worst of it. Cover and paper do not feel brittle, and the book can be read/paged through carefully. Uncommon 1951 Atlas.

MissAmerica75.jpg

MissAmerica75bc.jpg

Ok, a couple of pre-hero reposts, then I can see about getting into the romance/teen stuff.

Journey Into Mystery #20 G/G-  -- asking $85 + shipping

Board purchase about a year ago that I upgraded. Everything is attached at both staples, the cf a bit more securely than the cover. Cover is loose, but both staples are holding (the bottom staple only to the back cover). Wouldn't advise reading it in anything more than a light breeze. Bottom staple has a bit of rust with slight transfer to paper. Creasing and edge wear/chipping, but colors are good and cover image is fairly clean. Solid placeholder or reader of a difficult (and cool) book.

JIM20.jpg

JIM20bc.jpg