• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Favorite image from your favorite artist

20 posts in this topic

On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 4:53 PM, BCarter27 said:

I can't pick a favorite artist, but this comes close...

Wrightson

la-1490458895-xyhoekw71k-snap-image

+1 here... this is THE page I'd try to buy if I won the lotto. Had to settle for buying the large print version instead (at 36x24) which sits over my mantle at home. So if we both win the powerball we'll have to duel over it :devil:

Wrightson was a damned genius. He is my all time favorite, and was a great guy to boot.

Edited by The Cimmerians Purse
stuff

On 9/19/2019 at 8:46 AM, hmendryk said:

Favorite artist(s) are Joe Simon and Jack Kirby. While I will conform with the specification that I can have only one favorite image, the truth is that ask me in a week or so and while the artists would remain the same the image may differ.

Agree... I’d have to choose Kirby for artist because there isn’t anyone that comes close in terms of overall impact on the medium, but there are so many contenders for individual pieces.   

In addition to the usual suspects like FF1, I enjoy Tales of Suspense 8 a lot

On 9/23/2019 at 12:47 PM, GreatEscape said:

Frank Miller’s Dark Knight splash is (worship)

3462C228-8823-4039-9864-E30F00C1CC17.jpeg.632dd19325351c4cd9486c09a67d05f9.jpeg

This one immediately came to mind for me. It's in my top-five for sure. I am also a sucker for the DK #2 cover that sold a couple years back... and I'm not sure there aren't a couple DD covers and pages I like even better. 

Ultimately what I'm trying to say is that this question is too hard.