• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heathcliff Strip art

14 posts in this topic

While Garfield may be the more popular orange cat in town, Heathcliff predates him. What’s interesting is there are very few examples of strip art on the market. I recently picked up this Sunday from a local collector, and can’t seem to find any comparable ones sold at auction. Anyone here have insight on these? Did the family keep most?

Thanks!

0C6DD5C8-3D5A-45C5-AFDF-E3E1BE8CA636.jpeg

Didnt realize the ebay was you - but was shocked on when I saw it. My guess would have been $300-500 of so.  I watched the cartoon as a kid - so have a fondness - but only certain strip art runs those prices and heathcliff is not one of them.  If someone ponies up - let us know and teach us a lesson on heathcliff value.

All good. Speaking to someone who has collected Heathcliff art for 10+ years, he told me he’s never seen a Sunday come up for sale. While Garfield may be more popular, scarcity is also part of the equation. With 10,000 Garfield strips/dailies coming to the market, it will definitely effect the value.

16 hours ago, AnkurJ said:

All good. Speaking to someone who has collected Heathcliff art for 10+ years, he told me he’s never seen a Sunday come up for sale. While Garfield may be more popular, scarcity is also part of the equation. With 10,000 Garfield strips/dailies coming to the market, it will definitely effect the value.

Yes, buh-buh-but scarcity doesn’t drive value, demand does. 

3 hours ago, vodou said:

Obviously you're holding out for "more", all good; I like the gag but lament the missing balloons.

I think getting those recreated would help push out the BO situation.

Yea was looking online but couldn’t find any archives that went as far back.