• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any current comic printed using newsprint stock?

11 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Krishosein said:

that might be the new millennial gimmick can we get foil inserts lol 

mess wait most modern books aren't opened damn might need to do foil digital sticker editions in pregraded 10 gem CGC cases... 

6 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

Wondering if there are any Indy/small publishers that still print comic books using the classic uncoated newsprint stock paper. And in color. 

Could be a heck of a gimmick and probably cost efficient 

I think I've seen a local self released comic or two,but not 100%-I'll check if they are still in at the local shop tonight

Alterna Comics definitely use newsprint in color. They also sell from $1.50 to $2.00 ea. I’ve got a few of them and pick them up when I see them. They have all ages stuff teen+ stuff, superhero, and horror. Some of it’s pretty good. I’d love for these to take off.

16 hours ago, Mr. Spider-Woman said:

I’m sure I’ve read comments from head honchos at Marvel swearing it isn’t cheaper to use newsprint.

True. Very few paper mills make newsprint any more. What they do make goes to newspapers. Even the “throw away” circulars aren’t printed on newsprint any more. The paper industry is hurting bad now.