• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FS: James O'Barr & Vince Locke Deadworld #10 Pg3
1 1

4 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,

I'm selling the original artwork from Deadworld #10 pg3  that was pencilled by Vince Locke and inked and lettered by James O'Barr.

The page is signed by Vince Locke.

Vince and James have only worked together on a handful of pages from this issue of Deadworld which also happens to be considered the first appearance of The Crow on the back cover of this issue.

Pages from this issue that Vince and James worked on are pretty tough to come by as there's only a few of them out there.

I'm asking $350 shipped for this page.

I will entertain best offer or partial trades as long as it's within reason. No super lowball please.

Thanks!

Jason Moore

20190908_190323.jpg

Edited by jasonmoore

1 hour ago, jasonmoore said:

considered the first appearance of The Crow

Was just about to dispute this as it being Caliber Presents #1 (which I regretfully sold two years ago) until I Googled and saw that the back cover was an ad for Caliber Presents #1. Too bad it's not also signed by O'Barr. What type of trade items would you be interested in?

2 minutes ago, WPPJames said:

Was just about to dispute this as it being Caliber Presents #1 (which I regretfully sold two years ago) until I Googled and saw that the back cover was an ad for Caliber Presents #1. Too bad it's not also signed by O'Barr. What type of trade items would you be interested in?

I could get it signed by James. I've been friends with him since the very beginning, formative days of Caliber and we were working for Gary Reed. I was the inker on The Realm.

The back cover of Deadworld #10 was actually an ad for The Crow #1, not Caliber Presents #1...but it was the first published appearance of The Crow if you don't count the very low print run advertisement paper that was published by Caliber called Caliber Rounds which had a large full piece of artwork and promo material advertising The Crow BEFORE Deadworld #10...but since that was an advertising paper, not many people will consider that the first appearance even though it's actually the first appearance of The Crow in print form, but not necessarily in comic book format.

If you have something you'd be interested in trading or doing partial trade for,please send pics or links to me...a lot of my collecting is based on artwork that catches my eye so I am never positive on exactly what I might be looking for until I see it =)

I know I’m a few years late but wound up on this page and wondering if that original art piece or possibly others from deadworld or crow are available? I’m also always looking for indie horror books like these if looking to get rid of a lot or anything like that. Thanks and take care