• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

7th Annual Green Eggs Grading Contest - Round 1
6 6

298 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, WPPJames said:

Same here. And apologies for being a whiner earlier. Should I change my handle from WPPJames to DebbieDowner?

No worries. :foryou: 

Every round we will have someone (if not most of the crowd) disappointed. 

3 hours ago, sckao said:

104 sets of Grades are in... but some are missing. Last Call.

Paging the following people who signed up:

@THE_BEYONDER

@Thanos88

@byosti

@Graveheart

@Every Day A Story

@Shawnismaximus

@Cocomonkey

@piper

@JWKyle

@theCapraAegagrus

why wasnt @Buzzetta mentioned?

13 minutes ago, kav said:

why wasnt @Buzzetta mentioned?

I must have missed it... I went through the PMs threads and of course, there are about 5-6 pages of them... Sometimes, people responded but then didn't put any grades down initially which may have thrown me off. (I didn't list people in the spreadsheet until they actually submitted grades until the very end.)

If he submits for ROUND 2, he'll be included.

Edited by sckao

1 hour ago, Point Five said:

I was aiming in the 7s on the second book, until I started noticing that the wear and smudging I saw were identical on both covers. Seemed like there was a good amount of scanner schmutz.

I can say it openly now(sorry for the slip gang) I swear I saw fingerprints on the BC,right where you'd hold it to read.Read?I should've known better :eyeroll:

young-boys-reading-comics-11732322.jpg

2 hours ago, thirdgreenham said:

The Startling Comics was a gimme, really. If you read the notes that I posted with the book, you saw it said "INCOMPLETE".  Any book that is incomplete, will get a Universal (Blue) label 0.5

In this contest, you will never see a Qualified (green) label book, you will never see a Restored (purple) label book, and you will never see an NG (no grade) graded book.

They will all be blue label (Universal) graded books.

Always pay attention to any notes I post, and also the paper quality. If a book has Brittle or Slightly Brittle pages, that will definitely be factored into the grade. 2c 

:whatthe:

51jn3P7awvL.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

11 hours ago, mr_highgrade said:

Went with a 4.0 on the Startling :tonofbricks: But... nailed The Untamed! :sumo:

I thought of it after I sub my grade that maybe it was a blue label incomplete and if that was the case it would of been 0.5 but I for some reason thought green label 2.0 but can you even get a green label on that book with missing pages that affect story?

49 minutes ago, Krishosein said:

I thought of it after I sub my grade that maybe it was a blue label incomplete and if that was the case it would of been 0.5 but I for some reason thought green label 2.0 but can you even get a green label on that book with missing pages that affect story?

Not sure...

11 hours ago, thirdgreenham said:

The Startling Comics was a gimme, really. If you read the notes that I posted with the book, you saw it said "INCOMPLETE".  Any book that is incomplete, will get a Universal (Blue) label 0.5

In this contest, you will never see a Qualified (green) label book, you will never see a Restored (purple) label book, and you will never see an NG (no grade) graded book.

They will all be blue label (Universal) graded books.

Always pay attention to any notes I post, and also the paper quality. If a book has Brittle or Slightly Brittle pages, that will definitely be factored into the grade. 2c 

Reminded me of a “test” when I was a kid.  So I honed into the notes immediately!

Edited by Crops068

15 hours ago, sckao said:

I must have missed it... I went through the PMs threads and of course, there are about 5-6 pages of them... Sometimes, people responded but then didn't put any grades down initially which may have thrown me off. (I didn't list people in the spreadsheet until they actually submitted grades until the very end.)

If he submits for ROUND 2, he'll be included.

I was supposed to be his alarm clock.  I failed miserably.

69843504_1335492539957819_4000949494366601216_n.jpg

22 minutes ago, kav said:

I was supposed to be his alarm clock.  I failed miserably.

69843504_1335492539957819_4000949494366601216_n.jpg

:jaws: or was that part of your plan all along kav? lol Its ok we all know... 

11 minutes ago, Krishosein said:

:jaws: or was that part of your plan all along kav? lol Its ok we all know... 

No if that was the case I would sabotage @Hudson.  I invited him to the grading contests and now he smokes me every time right out of the gate. :sorry:

3 hours ago, WEBHEAD said:

Missed it this year was out of town    good luck to all!!

whats with your sigline tho bruh? :makepoint: