• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM: Amazing Spiderman 300 please

20 posts in this topic

@oglelo

it really is a nice looking copy, i'd say at minimum 9.2, i don't believe a press would help...

9.4 wouldn't be unheard of...but it might swing to 9.0 too

3ticks two break color..... hmmmm toughy!

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

1 minute ago, Point Five said:

Yeah, back has some issues unfortunately with the spine cracks and fingerprints. Hard to be sure from the photos, but I'd think 8.5ish, nice as the front looks.

Fingerprints cannot be removed?

10 minutes ago, Point Five said:

Yeah, back has some issues unfortunately with the spine cracks and fingerprints. Hard to be sure from the photos, but I'd think 8.5ish, nice as the front looks.

I just don't get it lol. I've seen 9.2's in worse condition. Thanks for the response.

Edited by oglelo

4 minutes ago, oglelo said:

I just don't get it lol. I've seen 9.2's in worse condition. 

Welp, you're looking at the book in hand and we're not. I'm sure it looks great. Maybe you're right!

In that second pic the spine cracks look kinda deep.  2c

I'd go along with the 8.5 as well. Yea the fingerprints might be able to be removed but you asked for grade as is. I think the back cover condition is of great importance in a high grade book. At a high grade they are basically looking for things to deduct for. In a lesser grade, my opinion only, I think it matters a lot less. As in, front cover a 5.0 and back a 3.0, more likely to get a 4.5 than a 4.0 split down the middle.

I'd say 8.5 but the corners and everything is sharp... so maybe 9.0

It's always tough for me to tell depth in pics and size comparative to the whole comic when it comes to ticks...and pics...

That one tick looks deep 2 others less so and I'm hoping for the best :shy:

2 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I'd say 8.5 but the corners and everything is sharp... so maybe 9.0

It's always tough for me to tell depth in pics and size comparative to the whole comic when it comes to ticks...and pics...

That one tick looks deep 2 others less so and I'm hoping for the best :shy:

Thank you and yes pics are hard to tell from.

1 minute ago, oglelo said:

Thank you and yes pics are hard to tell from.

Also have to keep in mind that CGC almost always grades harder than what we estimate here on PGM. I often tend to under grade here based on that alone. Like, what would you grade this as? A 9.0. What do you think CGC would grade it as? An 8.5 at best.

7 minutes ago, WPPJames said:

Also have to keep in mind that CGC almost always grades harder than what we estimate here on PGM. I often tend to under grade here based on that alone. Like, what would you grade this as? A 9.0. What do you think CGC would grade it as? An 8.5 at best.

I was thinking more like a 9.4 with a press and clean.

Im actually more bothered by the fingerprints than anything else.

How do those come off? Lol

2 minutes ago, oglelo said:

How do those come off?

That's for minds greater than mine. Lol. I've heard that a clean will sometimes take them off. I've also heard that if the oil from the finger gets absorbed it's not coming out. This is a pretty high $$$ book so I don't see that you have much to lose with paying for a C&P. And I agree with the fingerprint concern. I sent in 1st printings of The Crow #1 - #4. All new unread. And I though untouched. Grades came back from 8.5 to 9.6. 8.5 grade notes indicated fingerprint(s) which I hadn't even noticed. Probably from me touching it myself with a greasy finger after eating potato chips one night after having an adult beverage too many.

4 minutes ago, WPPJames said:

That's for minds greater than mine. Lol. I've heard that a clean will sometimes take them off. I've also heard that if the oil from the finger gets absorbed it's not coming out. This is a pretty high $$$ book so I don't see that you have much to lose with paying for a C&P. And I agree with the fingerprint concern. I sent in 1st printings of The Crow #1 - #4. All new unread. And I though untouched. Grades came back from 8.5 to 9.6. 8.5 grade notes indicated fingerprint(s) which I hadn't even noticed. Probably from me touching it myself with a greasy finger after eating potato chips one night after having an adult beverage too many.

Lol @ "Adult beverage too many"

That's never good mixed with comic cleaning either.

13 minutes ago, WPPJames said:

So it was graded a 9.0+ or some people here just guessed it as 9.0/9.2? Big difference.

It was guessed. The owner never posted the results.

That's a lot of spine ticks to be a 9.0 -9.2 no?

Edited by oglelo