• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Double cover book to get signed - which one? Grade is in!!

12 posts in this topic

outer cover to see the sig in my opinion....

also you'd be able the window box to keep condition in preparation for the sig....

i don't see  any reason to do otherwise unless your ancy about cover sigs, then get it done on the splash page...

either way your having ot slabbed and witnessed, correct? i'd go for the outer cover then :) 

44 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

outer cover to see the sig in my opinion....

also you'd be able the window box to keep condition in preparation for the sig....

i don't see  any reason to do otherwise unless your ancy about cover sigs, then get it done on the splash page...

either way you're having it slabbed and witnessed, correct? i'd go for the outer cover then :) 

Yes that is the plan, thanks. 

That is an awesome sig, couldn’t have been better.  Congrats!

I didn’t weigh in, but having a double-cover book signed on the exterior cover is a no-brainer, IMO. It is only the interior color that is graded. For a purist who doesn’t want to buy a signed comic, he could remove the exterior (signed) cover and still preserve the grade.  Best-case scenario. 

I just bought a double-cover book on eBay to have signed at NYCC, with the same thought in mind.

On 9/28/2019 at 3:17 PM, CardiacKid1 said:

That is an awesome sig, couldn’t have been better.  Congrats!

I didn’t weigh in, but having a double-cover book signed on the exterior cover is a no-brainer, IMO. It is only the interior color that is graded. For a purist who doesn’t want to buy a signed comic, he could remove the exterior (signed) cover and still preserve the grade.  Best-case scenario. 

I just bought a double-cover book on eBay to have signed at NYCC, with the same thought in mind.

I have a TMNT #3 double cover where Kevin Eastman signed both and both covers were graded.

37 minutes ago, Spidey 62 said:

It was a strange route this took, but I got it back...almost.  Not quite in my hands yet.   I was, evidently, conservative in the grade I thought I might get.  Some glare and the outer bag screwing with the sig.  I couldn't be happier, and white pages! 

Attach4630_20200217_152927.thumb.jpg.6897d34ae0bda4a4360a62336b7597b5.jpg

:whee:

That's an awesome cover too!  Happy for you :)

7 hours ago, Spidey 62 said:

It was a strange route this took, but I got it back...almost.  Not quite in my hands yet.   I was, evidently, conservative in the grade I thought I might get.  Some glare and the outer bag screwing with the sig.  I couldn't be happier, and white pages! 

Attach4630_20200217_152927.thumb.jpg.6897d34ae0bda4a4360a62336b7597b5.jpg

:golfclap: