The Official Image Newsstand Thread
1 1

64 posts in this topic

2,488 posts

Decided to make a dedicated Image Newsstand thread since they  often clog up the "Books you can't find in the Wild" thread. 

I made it a personal goal early on to buy every Image 1 newsstand when I got back into comics.  Not only are they relatively cheap, they are still hard to find in NM condition, and  fun to collect like DCU variants since most people don't care.   

 Also what do everyone else have?  Show off your collections or finds!

Here are some of my nicer copies.

 

1077896329_ScreenShot2019-09-21at10_13_42AM.png.012ae228faf7965a866fc141fa02ae07.png

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,611 posts
4 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

Actually here are most of the number 1's I have found.  What I am missing?

1e011d67-d652-447e-a4ee-0e0503f1f4f0.jpg.6aa56b0275725217946d1a8d33475532.thumb.jpg.9e49a3a9e398f3788a74860eddca09e4.jpg

@Wolverinex besides Spawn 1, are any of these Newsstands worth anything?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,611 posts
10 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

Maybe Pitt 1, darker image, Wild cats 1 and 2. 

Thanks! I see those all the time but I don't know if they are NS or not.

Is there a way to check up NS values ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,488 posts
4 minutes ago, comics4all said:

Thanks! I see those all the time but I don't know if they are NS or not.

Is there a way to check up NS values ?

Oh, u should pick them up and start a collection!  Then we can compare.   I remember when Spawn 1 wasn't really worth that much, and now it's about 80 bucks or so. 

 

I typically just check ebay for values.  I usually just pick these up when they are only a dollar. 

Edited by Wolverinex

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,611 posts
3 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

Oh, u should pick them up and start a collection!  Then we can compare.   I remember when Spawn 1 wasn't really worth that much, and now it's about 80 bucks or so. 

 

I typically just check ebay for values.  I usually just pick these up when they are only a dollar. 

I see these all the time in the 50c bin, I have a lot of them already 

Let me see what NS I have & I will get back to you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
244 posts

I’ve been indiscriminate in which titles of issue #’s I pick up, but very particular on condition and price. These are all the high grade low priced Image newsstand books I’ve come across. I’ve seen plenty more in Fine or worse but didn’t take them. 

5D0DD0EA-2B05-42EE-88F8-1DD2D70295AF.jpeg

94259FC5-5B50-4CD5-AE2B-C69B00CDF203.jpeg

CEC8BFAD-42B4-443B-98E9-6689CBDE585C.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,488 posts
40 minutes ago, Joosh said:

CDD1EE50-1904-418E-B165-7E52736CADD7.jpeg

93A31494-D10D-4061-A475-313384314B28.jpeg

5D6D536D-19DB-45C7-8C71-CAF065F23412.jpeg

Nice collection! I like the run of Pitt. Haven't seen those yet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
244 posts
5 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

Nice collection! I like the run of Pitt. Haven't seen those yet

Thanks! I have a Union #3 newsstand. Does that mean there’s a #1 newsstand out there? I didn’t see it in your #1 collection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56,569 posts

So the questions I have for this thread are:

1. Can we identify the last...at least by cover date...newsstand book that Image ever produced?

2. What do we think is the RAREST newsstand book that Image produced?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,488 posts
10 hours ago, Joosh said:

Thanks! I have a Union #3 newsstand. Does that mean there’s a #1 newsstand out there? I didn’t see it in your #1 collection.

Yes, there is.  I have seen one before but there was a HUGE rip in it so I didn't buy it.  If I come across one, I will take a photo for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
244 posts

@RockMyAmadeus I’ve not seen much info on the last newsstand issues from image. I think it was however long the creator kept selling through that channel.

Spawn went until 133 I think.

EDIT: Spawn newsstand went until at least 134; just found one (terrible condition) on eBay.

Edited by Joosh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,488 posts
10 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

So the questions I have for this thread are:

1. Can we identify the last...at least by cover date...newsstand book that Image ever produced?

2. What do we think is the RAREST newsstand book that Image produced?

Yes, lets figure that out.  I do know that Youngblood was the first Image comic that didn't have newsstands and that was in April 1992 so that's our starting point....

 

Also, good idea on finding the rarest.  I do know that obviously Spawn 1 is worth the most, and often people love buying WildCATS 2 because of the beautiful white cover. 

What's the story behind  your Maxx #21?  How did you get it listed as a newsstand?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,488 posts
3 minutes ago, Joosh said:

@RockMyAmadeus I’ve not seen much info on the last newsstand issues from image. I think it was however long the creator kept selling through that channel.

Spawn went until 133 I think.

Good info, so then we have newsstands up till May of 2004... anything later?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,488 posts
8 minutes ago, Joosh said:

@RockMyAmadeus I’ve not seen much info on the last newsstand issues from image. I think it was however long the creator kept selling through that channel.

Spawn went until 133 I think.

Have you ever seen a battle chasers 1 newsstand or astro city 1?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
1 1