• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Image Newsstand Thread
5 5

271 posts in this topic

Decided to make a dedicated Image Newsstand thread since they  often clog up the "Books you can't find in the Wild" thread. 

I made it a personal goal early on to buy every Image 1 newsstand when I got back into comics.  Not only are they relatively cheap, they are still hard to find in NM condition, and  fun to collect like DCU variants since most people don't care.   

Also what do everyone else have?  Show off your collections or finds!

Here are some of my nicer copies.

1077896329_ScreenShot2019-09-21at10_13_42AM.png.012ae228faf7965a866fc141fa02ae07.png

4 minutes ago, comics4all said:

Thanks! I see those all the time but I don't know if they are NS or not.

Is there a way to check up NS values ?

Oh, u should pick them up and start a collection!  Then we can compare.   I remember when Spawn 1 wasn't really worth that much, and now it's about 80 bucks or so. 

I typically just check ebay for values.  I usually just pick these up when they are only a dollar. 

Edited by Wolverinex

3 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

Oh, u should pick them up and start a collection!  Then we can compare.   I remember when Spawn 1 wasn't really worth that much, and now it's about 80 bucks or so. 

I typically just check ebay for values.  I usually just pick these up when they are only a dollar. 

I see these all the time in the 50c bin, I have a lot of them already 

Let me see what NS I have & I will get back to you

@RockMyAmadeus I’ve not seen much info on the last newsstand issues from image. I think it was however long the creator kept selling through that channel.

Spawn went until 133 I think.

EDIT: Spawn newsstand went until at least 134; just found one (terrible condition) on eBay.

Edited by Joosh

10 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

So the questions I have for this thread are:

1. Can we identify the last...at least by cover date...newsstand book that Image ever produced?

2. What do we think is the RAREST newsstand book that Image produced?

Yes, lets figure that out.  I do know that Youngblood was the first Image comic that didn't have newsstands and that was in April 1992 so that's our starting point....

Also, good idea on finding the rarest.  I do know that obviously Spawn 1 is worth the most, and often people love buying WildCATS 2 because of the beautiful white cover. 

What's the story behind  your Maxx #21?  How did you get it listed as a newsstand?