• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Image Newsstand Thread
5 5

271 posts in this topic

On 10/17/2019 at 5:24 PM, Corona smith said:

Witchblade #10, Any Spawn, Angela & Violator minis. All can go for good money in high grade. I’d be interested in seeing any possible later StormWatch written by Ellis as well. Or Authority but that’s a different publisher.  Idk if they even exist. Although RMA May have posted the last issue found in this thread. 

I have stormwatch #1 newsstand but not sure how far the series went 

8 hours ago, Nick Short said:

I have stormwatch #1 newsstand but not sure how far the series went 

There were a few series and this is one of those titles that started at Image and ended up at DC. So it likely went from being available at newsstands, not available and back on newsstands when it went to DC. Here’s a link though you may have to sign up for a free account to view results. They’re also in the process of adding newsstands to the guide. 

https://comicspriceguide.com/Search

22 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

This was the newsstand collection bought from a store owner? 

Correct. From a gentleman who owned a newsstand in New Jersey in the 90s and put away 1800-2000 comics over roughly a 2-year period. Mostly Marvel and DC. This is all the Image in the collection. There were less than a dozen Valiants, around 50 Topps, around 75 Dark Horse, around 20 Tekno, and the rest Marvel and DC.

22 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

Do u have bone 1 newsstand?  I have 2 copies of it ...

All the Image newsstands from that collection are in the pics. We purchased another 1500-book newsstand collection over a year ago, one with several of the $1.99/$2.29 price variants. And we get a smattering of random newsstand stuff coming in the roughly 40 comic collections we buy each month. But this one and the one with the price variants are the only two with more than say 40 of them at once.

3 hours ago, devald said:

love this book. hope mine comes back 9.6+ with the correct newsstand designation on account of being a price variant (1.95 vs 2.50 direct)

As far as I know the inside paper is different as well. It’s the cheaper more newsprint type of paper instead of the heavier glossier stuff that the directs had. 

On 2/17/2020 at 6:19 PM, devald said:

that's correct. another distinction warranting the notation on the label

It's already a distinct edition, regardless of the quantity/quality of differences. CGC's separation criteria is completely arbitrary.

Has there been any evidence of Midnight Nation newsies? I know that the previous Joe's Comics book, Rising Stars, got dual distribution for at least some (and I suspect all) issues. Midnight was in 2000+, though, at what was already the tail end of Image's newsstand distribution program. But, at a minimum, newsies of Witchblade and Spawn were still going for several more years, so there's a possibility. 

I haven't seen any. But I'd sure like to know if they're out there. 

Greetings all,
I have been slowly accumulating copper and modern newsstand editions, mostly from the dollar bins, including some Image books. Most are fairly easy to find, and I appreciate this site as a source of information. As per some earlier thread discussion, I was under the impression that there were no Youngblood newsstand editions but last week I found two at a used book store (volume 2, numbers 2 and 5). I have included a picture of #2 below and would be interested to know if anyone else has had any luck finding the other issues...

Dan

507904266_youngblood2.thumb.jpg.48bbafa922abd5516f02fb2249380a3a.jpg

6 hours ago, dm226 said:

Greetings all,
I have been slowly accumulating copper and modern newsstand editions, mostly from the dollar bins, including some Image books. Most are fairly easy to find, and I appreciate this site as a source of information. As per some earlier thread discussion, I was under the impression that there were no Youngblood newsstand editions but last week I found two at a used book store (volume 2, numbers 2 and 5). I have included a picture of #2 below and would be interested to know if anyone else has had any luck finding the other issues...

Dan

507904266_youngblood2.thumb.jpg.48bbafa922abd5516f02fb2249380a3a.jpg

For the 1995 (volume 2) series, I can confirm #1,#2, and #5 exist with newsstand versions. I'm not aware of any of the other issues as newsies. In particular, I really don't expect #4 in newsstand, since some combination of the polybag/unbagged split probably was used in that way.

On 3/13/2020 at 3:27 PM, Qalyar said:

For the 1995 (volume 2) series, I can confirm #1,#2, and #5 exist with newsstand versions. I'm not aware of any of the other issues as newsies. In particular, I really don't expect #4 in newsstand, since some combination of the polybag/unbagged split probably was used in that way.

#3 definitely exists. It's the default image on MCS website. And I am nearly positive it's pictured (behind heavy glare) in that pic I posted above.