• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Image Newsstand Thread
5 5

271 posts in this topic

On 3/13/2020 at 4:27 PM, Qalyar said:

For the 1995 (volume 2) series, I can confirm #1,#2, and #5 exist with newsstand versions. I'm not aware of any of the other issues as newsies. In particular, I really don't expect #4 in newsstand, since some combination of the polybag/unbagged split probably was used in that way.

Thanks!

Dan

On 2/10/2020 at 1:12 PM, lighthouse said:

Finished publisher triage on that collection. Here’s all the Image newsstands. Lot of glare in that second pic. But the upper left is a couple Witchblade 7s and some vol 2 Youngbloods.

A02F0B4E-C300-43DB-AD22-6636CB07E8CE.jpeg

5D23672D-F4BE-4472-90DD-982CF9E090D7.jpeg

With Covid-19 keeping the shop closed for a couple more months, I’m tossing these (and the other publishers) up in my modern sales thread. Rather not do single issues and hundreds of posts, so they’ll be in 8-15 book lots by publisher. See if we can get them into hands that will appreciate them. :)

1 hour ago, mr_highgrade said:

What would you grade it at? 

It’s not in line with your handle. There’s a spot of gloss loss in the center of the cover.

This one from same box is probably 9.4 though. Also one I hadn’t seen. And also a price variant.

116FCCEB-DFBC-44B2-BC47-30CACAD0AAAB.thumb.jpeg.2bc3c09d18ae4b62a3225088d6cb26ea.jpeg

Both from same collection. Guy bought most of his stuff direct. But a few interesting newsstands.

On 5/18/2020 at 4:20 PM, lighthouse said:

Not one I’d personally 25B9A4AE-9223-48C7-B3D2-E128AE70A581.thumb.jpeg.03f003ae7771cc20ab4db3fb0d85bfcb.jpegcome across before. And counts as a price variant.

I picked this up from a grocery store, back in the day. It was one of the first Image comics I ever bought. I don’t know what happened to that copy, but I found one at my favorite LCS a few years ago along with a bunch of early Danger Girl variants. There are some crazy asking prices for this one on eBay but I haven’t seen it go for that much. Still, super awesome book for a number of reasons (aforementioned price variant, hot cover, and seemingly pretty scarce).

On 5/18/2020 at 3:20 PM, lighthouse said:

Not one I’d personally 25B9A4AE-9223-48C7-B3D2-E128AE70A581.thumb.jpeg.03f003ae7771cc20ab4db3fb0d85bfcb.jpegcome across before. And counts as a price variant.

Oh? Do you have an image of the Newsstand edition that's priced differently?

36 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:

Oh? Do you have an image of the Newsstand edition that's priced differently?

Think they meant that the $1.95 newsstand is priced different than the $2.50 direct edition, i.e., it's not just a different barcode that distinguishes the newsstand between the direct edition.

Would love to see a non-$1.95 newsstand edition (alas, I don't think it exists).

5 hours ago, valiantman said:

That's a nice image of a newsstand, but it isn't an Image newsstand. :kidaround:

I got lost in the apple sauce Boss :insane: Time for those Bifocals my optometrist keeps threatening to prescribe for me.

14 hours ago, devald said:

Think they meant that the $1.95 newsstand is priced different than the $2.50 direct edition, i.e., it's not just a different barcode that distinguishes the newsstand between the direct edition.

Would love to see a non-$1.95 newsstand edition (alas, I don't think it exists).

Exactly!! They used different cheaper paper in the Image Newsstands as well. At least all of mine do. 

Well and it makes it easier to get a designation on the label, since "newsstand edition" alone often isn't enough, but "price variant" is.