• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Image Newsstand Thread
5 5

271 posts in this topic

Found a couple dozen Image newsies yesterday in a $2 bin at a local comic shop. Buncha new ones for my collection!

Edit - here's a list of what I found

Brigade 0, 1, 3

Darker Image 1

Mighty Magnor 1

Stryke Force 1, 2

Wildcats 5, 7, 9, 12

Supreme 2, 4, 6, 10, 12, 25

Cyber Force 0, 2, 4

Union 1, 2, 4

Edited by mrwoogieman

Was digging through some of my excess boxes tonight looking to see how many of the X-Force #1 w/Deadpool "rookie" card I can unload while the getting is good and came across this one buried in the box. Now I just have to figure out where I separated my Image newsstands to add this to those. 20210213_191513.thumb.jpg.d9b92889d12de08ab606b1bb12159df4.jpg

2 hours ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Was digging through some of my excess boxes tonight looking to see how many of the X-Force #1 w/Deadpool "rookie" card I can unload while the getting is good and came across this one buried in the box. Now I just have to figure out where I separated my Image newsstands to add this to those. 20210213_191513.thumb.jpg.d9b92889d12de08ab606b1bb12159df4.jpg

Very nice!

13 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

Very nice!

Thank you. I thought so. Considering this was one of my excess boxes. ( Those that I get with other lots collections that were not the reason for purchase of said lot or collection. ) Usually these have surprises when I go back through.  Tonights was finding

3  Deadpool " rookie " cards. :facepalm: 

4 newsstands ( higher grade ) . There were also several directs that got pulled that were another bonus I didn't originally separate. The Max 1/2 -10 and some Bolland Wonder Womans.

Edited by onlyweaknesskryptonite

5 hours ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Thank you. I thought so. Considering this was one of my excess boxes. ( Those that I get with other lots collections that were not the reason for purchase of said lot or collection. ) Usually these have surprises when I go back through.  Tonights was finding 3  Deadpool rookie cards. 4 newsstands ( higher grade ) . There were also several directs that got pulled that were another bonus I didn't originally separate. The Max 1/2 -10 and some Bolland Wonder Womans.

Can we please not call it a Rookie card?! That’s how I know it’s not comic collectors that are buying these cards. We’d never call it a rookie card. I remember when those same sports cards collectors jumped into the comic collecting world and helped burst the bubble back in the 90’s. 

8 hours ago, Corona smith said:

Can we please not call it a Rookie card?! That’s how I know it’s not comic collectors that are buying these cards. We’d never call it a rookie card. I remember when those same sports cards collectors jumped into the comic collecting world and helped burst the bubble back in the 90’s. 

This was the one time I forgot " " .. i agree. They that they are not.  Was only pulling those to unload as this is just beyond stupid. 

Have not read the whole thread.. Are some Maxxs from the mid teens worth posting? My hunt for newsstands from any company is distressing. Found some x-men last night, but mid/ late 90s is not that exciting. 4 image books thus far. A spawn 112 and 3 maxx comics