• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Kick Butt GA Website

19 posts in this topic

Thanks to Masterchief for turning me on to it.  Developed by Matt Nelson and Steve Ritter.  Besides FC scans I particularly enjoy the information pertaining to original print runs ( and subsequent print runs if applicable ) along with possible existing copies.  

http://www.top4comics.com/index.php

Edited by Chicago Boy

10 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

missing a couple Tec 27 scans ( 9.4 and 9.2, both restored )

both are publicly available

👍🏻👍🏻  Plus 5 coverless Tec 27 and one Action 1 coverless I can think of. Fun site. 

Edited by Chicago Boy

2 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

👍🏻👍🏻  Plus 5 coverless Tec 27 and one Action 1 coverless I can think of. Fun site. 

I wouldn't add coverless to scan list as it's mostly about covers to start with ;)

3 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:

Looks like they included coverless on all 4. 

Yes I know, I wouldn't. I would list only complete universal, qualified and restored copies.

Where does it end ? Coverless missing cf, coverless missing n wraps, pages only, etc.

Edited by Gotham Kid

8 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

Yes I know, I wouldn't. I would list only complete universal, qualified and restored copies.

Where does it end ? Coverless missing cf, coverless missing n wraps, pages only, etc.

I agree with you for a site like this but I did see a coverless missing CF included in the Tec 27 section. I would like to get an idea of the pieces that are out there though so I do hope people upload scans. 

3 hours ago, Northwest said:

With PGX, nearly anything could actually be encapsulated in there. 🕵️♂️

Nah.  The book has been discussed extensively on these boards, with a large number of pre-encapsulation pictures.  It does have minimal restoration, but it has (naturally) supple white pages and is a beautiful specimen.  Story on the book is well-known.  It has been with the same owner since around 1980.  

1 hour ago, sfcityduck said:

Nah.  The book has been discussed extensively on these boards, with a large number of pre-encapsulation pictures.  It does have minimal restoration, but it has (naturally) supple white pages and is a beautiful specimen.  Story on the book is well-known.  It has been with the same owner since around 1980.  

And the owner went with PGX to slab ?

1 hour ago, Chicago Boy said:

And the owner went with PGX to slab ?

The owner lives in Eugene, Oregon, where PGX is, and didn't want the book to travel.  I would be surprised if he didn't switch to a CGC slab when he eventually gets serious about selling the book.  

Roy (Vintagecomics) wrote about this book:

I saw this book as it sat about 8-12 inches from my face. I looked at the front and back and sides several times.

After seeing picture after picture of low and mid grade Action #1 (I saw Metro's 6.0 in person in February) it's really hard to image what a new copy looked like back in the day...you become programmed to think that every copy is either dirty, well read or worn.

This copy shifts reality for you. When you see it any other Action #1 really does not look the same again. The gloss is "blinding", the whites are like snow and the spine, corners and edges are flawless as far as handling wear is concerned. The interior pages are just as white as brand new. Literally it is newsstand fresh if there ever was such a thing.

I know I'm ranting but I saw and examined this book up close and it's just as ridiculous a copy as you'll ever see.

5 hours ago, sfcityduck said:

The owner lives in Eugene, Oregon, where PGX is, and didn't want the book to travel.  I would be surprised if he didn't switch to a CGC slab when he eventually gets serious about selling the book.  

Roy (Vintagecomics) wrote about this book:

Ahhh.  Eugene.  Fascinating stuff !!Thx for the 411.  Any chance this could be in better shape than the Church / Mile High copy? 

3 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:

Ahhh.  Eugene.  Fascinating stuff !!Thx for the 411.  Any chance this could be in better shape than the Church / Mile High copy? 

NO.  It has a minor tear seal (reversable), and some other flaws.  I think it might end up in a universal holder as an 8.0 or so, but if not it might well be the top restored/conserved book in the sense that it is a slight that could grade high, not an extensive frankenbook like some of those 9.4 monstrosities.

On 9/23/2019 at 5:41 PM, sfcityduck said:
On 9/23/2019 at 1:59 PM, Chicago Boy said:

NO.  It has a minor tear seal (reversable), and some other flaws.  I think it might end up in a universal holder as an 8.0 or so, but if not it might well be the top restored/conserved book in the sense that it is a slight that could grade high, not an extensive frankenbook like some of those 9.4 monstrosities.

is a scan available ?